The mkiv Supra Owners Club

IE 7 should I download it?

jamesmark

I'm using IE7, and not had any other problems - other than this one...:

IE7 does NOT work on all router web interface pages!!!! I have a problem whereby i update some settings on my router, press save, and then the page times-out.

I went out, bought a new router, and it did EXACTLY the same thing. I then used firefox/ie6 - and it worked fine!!!! Grrrr... cost me a new sodding router!

Other than that, works fine. Work won't roll it out yet as its not compatible with all the web-front end applications we use.

I used this while down at my folks' over the weekend and found it awful. very slow and just a bit of a mess with the various toolbars etc but i suppose you could get used to those.

i use a Mac normally running the standard Safari as my browser which i find really good.

I always think statements like that are a bit harsh... its not THAT bad, and its got some nice improvements over IE6...

Lots of people like different features - i say try it and see what you think....

Fair enough, that was my opinion on IE, I was sceptical about FFox, and took a while to fully realise that I was using it more often than IE, and then I saw the light :)

It has been "ok" for me so far :D - to be honest, you *could* use one of Jakes terms... "GO FOR IT!!!" lol... It hasn't done me any harm *twitch twitch*. I have to use it to test browser implementations against customer web applications... so far to be honest, it hasn't been too bad.