The mkiv Supra Owners Club

94 Ferrari Blue Auto TT (great project)

Spyda

Hi all,

The time has come for me to sell my car, as a few of you know I was going to be selling it in the new year to raise funds for the new house.

However my hand is being forced earlier.

The car is a 94 (L-Reg) J-spec Auto TT.

When I got it 3 years ago it was pretty much standard. Apart from the colour, it's Ferrari Blue, (The only one this colour! :)).

I'll list the bits that have been done whilst I've been the owner:

• Full UK Brake Conversion
  • Double de-cat (I've also got an exemption letter for the MOT, no Cat swapping!)*
  • Magnex Cat back system*
  • Cone air filter*
  • Top Speed Delimiter
  • Fuel Cut Defender
  • UK Glass Headlights
  • Facelift Rear lights
  • Veilside replica side skirts and spats
  • In Car PC**
  • 18" 147 Devil wheels. (New about 6 months ago)*
  • Clifford Intelliguard 950 + full closure. (with install certificate. About 8 months old.)
  • Defi Heads Up Display
  • HKS Turbo Timer (Works properly with the alarm too!)

(* I've still got the originals too, which would be included if required)

(** Not included in the sale unless specifically requested)

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Now here comes the bit why it's going to be a project if somone wants it; Friday evening I was driving from my place to my young lady's place and the car over heated. I immediately pulled over and called the breakdown recovery people. I had to get recovered to my girlfrinds as we were signing the contract for our house. The plan was to put water in in the next day then see if/where it was leaking from. However the car wouldn't start.I've checked the compression and it ranges from 10psi to 75 psi, with two at 50psi one at 45 and the other at 40psi.

So, although it may just be the head gasket that neds doing, as any mechanic will tell you, until you're in there and looking about there's no way to know what else may need doing.

If I wasn't going to be selling the car after Christmas I would definately get what's needed done myself. But as I'm going to be selling it, I could spend what's needed then sell it, and ultimately get the same as if I sold it now, and someone else could then do exactly what they wanted to it. (Big single etc).

Other than this "small" issue, the car is fine. It was only MOT'd about 4-5 weeks ago. (car has done 123k miles, but I guess that's not to much of a big problem if someones going to be building to their own spec.)

Here's some pics:

http://www.spyda.cc/images/stories/Supra/back-motion.jpg

http://www.spyda.cc/images/stories/Supra/wheels/wheels-motion1.jpg

http://www.spyda.cc/images/stories/Supra/wheels/wheel.jpg

http://www.spyda.cc/images/stories/Supra/shifter-driversside.jpg

The Screen isn't like this any more, theres a standard double din dash panel back in there with a motorised touch screen.

Like this

http://www.spyda.cc/images/stories/Supra/dsc00006.jpg

Before this problem happened I was considering putting the car up for £7000, my plan was to buy a "grown up" diesel car for 4k then have a bit left for spending on the new house.

However, given the current state, and that there really is no point in getting the work done myself, (financial wise), the least I could let it go for is £4000, as it stands.

If you're interested or want to ask me about the car, etc, please give me a call on [Phone number removed as car has sold].

Thanks for your time,

Adam.

PS. Car is currently in Essex if anyone fancies coming to look at it.

Thanks guys,

yeah it was Brads old car. After 3 years of ownership I thought I'd just shaken the, "BradB's old car" tag ;)

It's a shame I've got to let it go, but with the house and selling it anyway, it makes no sense to do this stuff my self.

Cheers,

Adam

But realistically you can buy one for £5k that engines not blown in. So 4k plus replacement engine plus fitting? mmm :confused:

4k plus replacement engine (if needed!) is gonna be around £6k, for a nice example like this it's not a lot of money. Stop pushing prices down! ;)

4k plus replacement engine (if needed!) is gonna be around £6k, for a nice example like this it's not a lot of money. Stop pushing prices down! ;)

I agree; stop pushing prices down! At this rate us N/A owners don't stand a chance of getting a respectable price..

£4000 should be the lowest for that lovely motor. Some one will get a real bargain!!

certainly 4k is the lowest. I was thinkin that some one might want to do more to it than return it to standard. ie it would be a good starting block for a big project. but equally it could still be cost effective for a relatively standard project. after all it might just be the head gasket.

Cheers guys.

(sorry for the short post, posting from my phone!)

Adam

I'm not surprised its sold so fast. You could break it for more than £4k with UK spec brakes, facelift lights, and decent looking 18" rims. The shell alone should fetch a good grand or more. Then all the BPU bits and ICE. The interior (prepainted dash panels are easier to repaint than new ones) seats etc will all fetch good money. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the car get stripped :(

I'm not surprised its sold so fast. You could break it for more than £4k with UK spec brakes, facelift lights, and decent looking 18" rims. The shell alone should fetch a good grand or more. Then all the BPU bits and ICE. The interior (prepainted dash panels are easier to repaint than new ones) seats etc will all fetch good money. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the car get stripped :(

I don't think it would be worth breaking, had it been a manual then maybe but I very much dought the buyer would make a profit breaking it to bits, purely as the auto box is not wanted and neither is a 120k + engine with problems!, I've broken a few cars now and it would have had to have been half that the make decent profit imo.

The shell is deffers going to worth more than a grand, the UK brake setup will sell for 600, and the nearly new alarm for 400 so you are halfway there already. Take the head off and skim and test it £300 easy. Bottom end yeah you might get a ton for it. You will get 3-400 for the autobox still. 100 for the rear lights, 100-150 for the full dash set, 100-150 for the seats, various bits and bobs like the rear blind will net you another ton so we are £3k now. If its got an LSD you are gonna get 3-500 for that especially if you flog it as a complete subframe kit. Now the rims look decent and with decent tyres will fetch anywhere from 5-700 so there you go £4k. Now start selling switches, pumps, suspension, and other niff naff and you are in profit.

The shell is deffers going to worth more than a grand, the UK brake setup will sell for 600, and the nearly new alarm for 400 so you are halfway there already. Take the head off and skim and test it £300 easy. Bottom end yeah you might get a ton for it. You will get 3-400 for the autobox still. 100 for the rear lights, 100-150 for the full dash set, 100-150 for the seats, various bits and bobs like the rear blind will net you another ton so we are £3k now. If its got an LSD you are gonna get 3-500 for that especially if you flog it as a complete subframe kit. Now the rims look decent and with decent tyres will fetch anywhere from 5-700 so there you go £4k. Now start selling switches, pumps, suspension, and other niff naff and you are in profit.

this is how I priced it

£1k for shell (finding a buyer would be a very small market)

£300 for autobox but it'll be hanging around for ages as they don't break.

UK brakes yep £600

Wheels prob £500

Whos gonna want a used alarm? I honestly don't think that would sell and if it did maybe £100 but then it would be void on insurance as I don't think an alarm fitter would fit it with a certifcate as it's been on another car.

£60 for rear lights as they are only £100 new

Headlights £150

Full Exhaust system £400

Skirts and spats £150

Interior bits £300 max

Engine Bits £300

Wings £60 each

Front Bumper £60

Bonnet £80

Rear Bumper £50

Thats £4170 above, really not worth breaking even if there's another £500 for all that effort.

Like I say though had it been a manual then yep would have been worth it :)

I guess perhaps I could've got marginally more breaking it, but...

It was my daily drive, so therefore couldn't really spend the time doing what's required breaking it. Plus if I got the money in, in dribs and drabs, I'd end up spending it!

I think the guy's going to rebuild the engine, he's a mechanic that is willing to put the work in. He wants to have it as his toy.

Really nice guy, called Chris, been lurking on here for a while ;).

I'm sure he'll say hi when he's ready.

Adam.

I guess perhaps I could've got marginally more breaking it, but...

It was my daily drive, so therefore couldn't really spend the time doing what's required breaking it. Plus if I got the money in, in dribs and drabs, I'd end up spending it!

I think the guy's going to rebuild the engine, he's a mechanic that is willing to put the work in. He wants to have it as his toy.

Really nice guy, called Chris, been lurking on here for a while ;).

I'm sure he'll say hi when he's ready.

Adam.

Didnt mean you break it yourself lol. I meant that I wouldnt be surprised to see if was being bought to break it at that price. I still think Toms underestimating the second hand value of supe parts. I broke one that I paid £1600 for and cleared over £4K in the end with the entire front end mullered up and the engine in a give away state.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.