The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paypal Scam

Soop Dogg

Just found this on the Corvette Forum - posted by a member in the US. Worth bearing in mind as it may find it's way over here in the near future.

Received an email from who was thought to be paypal everything looked idetical to their web site.It stated they needed me to check all the accounts listed and verify they are correct. Damn they already had all my info. I did not do anything except state it was correct. bam!!! they changed my log in, hit my bank account.What a headache I had to close all my accounts cancel all my cards. Watch out for that pay pal scam email

The worrying thing with this one is that they don't ask you to type anything in - just that you confirm the details they present to you are correct.

Barstewards. :flame:

You don't half get some really thick people that actually still fall for these scams.

Yes, I know, but this is a slightly different take on the usual crap that we all receive on a daily basis.

I still don't mind being warned about stuff as when I hear of something a little different like this I like to let my parents and other relatives/friends etc. who may not be so informed (security-wise) know about it.

It's not so much a case of being thick, just un-informed. So i thought I'd do some informing.

I thought this had been around for ages?

Just login to Paypal if you get something like this, if they want info they will ask for it there.

They're NOT ASKING YOU TO TYPE IN YOUR INFO!

They show you all the details of your accounts and then (if you agree they are correct - which of course they are!) click 'YES' and they've got you.

It's the fact this is a little different that I thought was interesting. i.e. They already have your account details which they present to you hence making the scam even more authentic.

Calm down dear.

Sorry, Michael - I may have given the impression that I was getting hacked off that people weren't actually able to read what was put in black and white (or whatever their options are set to) in front of them.

So I just thought that if I used CAPITALS it may be clearer for them.

Hugs & kisses,

Peace & goodwill to all.

Brian.

:)

Mince pie anyone....?