The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gaming rig

colsoop

Sweet rig chat hoping to get a 8800GTX next month going for the 1000W Enermax Galaxie

You WILL LOVE the 8800GTX. It owns big time. I can run everything full detail, 2560x1600 rez, and everythings smooth as silk. Only game that Ive got that gives the 8800gtx a hard time is Company of Heroes, but then, I ran it top whack (16x anti alias) just to see what it ran like, but in everyday use, I find 4x anisotropic filtering (sp?) and 4x aliasing eliminates all the jaggies without noticeable hitting performance.

I dont think you will need the 1000w for a single card (would be good enough for two though), but whatever you get, make sure its an uber quality psu. I was surprised with my psu when it came with a operating manual (LOL). How complex can a PSU be . . .

You WILL LOVE the 8800GTX. It owns big time. I can run everything full detail, 2560x1600 rez, and everythings smooth as silk. Only game that Ive got that gives the 8800gtx a hard time is Company of Heroes, but then, I ran it top whack (16x anti alias) just to see what it ran like, but in everyday use, I find 4x anisotropic filtering (sp?) and 4x aliasing eliminates all the jaggies without noticeable hitting performance.

I dont think you will need the 1000w for a single card (would be good enough for two though), but whatever you get, make sure its an uber quality psu. I was surprised with my psu when it came with a operating manual (LOL). How complex can a PSU be . . .

Cool need a new monitor as well as I can only get 1024x768 so I think even my 7900GT is running on idel speed. Only game I have problems with at the mo is Everquest 2 and Medieval 2 Total War