The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT and exhaust issues

pjeaton

Hello All,

My MOT is due this month and it appears my exhaust has started blowing just at the wrong time :-(

I haven't actually got underneath the car for a look yet, but I have a couple of questions anyway:

Is there anything special about the Supra exhaust? It's a 1993 and I've had the car for 8 years and I'm still on the original exhaust (50,000 miles).

Is it stainless steel?

Can I buy the blowing part in a section, or do I need to buy the whole lot?

Can I take it into Kwik-fit and get it fixed? If not, where would be a good place, either local'ish to St Albans or Northamptonshire?

How much is it all going to cost me?

Is welding it advisable/worth it?

All thoughts appreciated!

Many Thanks,

Phillip Eaton

right mate.

it's not stainless steel if it's a standard exhaust.

three options for you:

first and cheapest option is to source a cheap replacement stock exhaust from on here if you can (not much if anything at all cost wise as no-one really wants them)

second option is to buy the replacement section from toyota (that's even if they'd sell you that section rather than the whole thing which i highly doubt)

third option is to get yourself a stainless steel cat back exhaust from one of the traders on here. you'll be able to get one from about £350 upwards but generally speaking you get what you pay for (most cost around the £500-£600 mark)