The mkiv Supra Owners Club

should i put in a complaint?

mathew

a few weeks back i had to pay a visit to a certain type of clinic:innocent: . i knew an ex girlfriend worked in the dentist section of this clinic and just my luck was at the desk when i arrived not realising i had gone in the wrong entrance.

anyway she directed me to th part of the clinic where i should have been after a bit of banter.

now today in work a colleague asked me how did it go at the clinic. i asked how did he know and he said his daughter had told him.

turns out his daughter works there too but was off on that day and my ex couldnt wait to tell herthat i had been there. i dare to think what other mates she has told.

now i thought that all this sorta stuff is confidential and surely what she has done breaches that.

so do i write a complaint or just leave it go???

who excactly would i address the letter to?

Was it a GUM clinic? Whoever runs them?

My brother and I were laughing the other day cause he went and had the routine check up, good on him for being sensible. But as he was leaving they asked him to give his mobile number and said that if he had anything and they couldn't get hold of him they would text him. :blink:

Can you imagine?! "U have AIDS soz"

I'd double check that. That's certainly true with regard to your records etc but I'm not sure if it would apply to a receptionist simply mentioning you were in the building.

I think it would, Doctors have the whole confidentiality thing as part of their professional status, but the receptionist would be expected to be discreet as well as she is the "frontline" for patients. Especially in a cock clinic.

I would put in a formal complaint naming her, and stitch her right up. This sort of thing could go all the way to NHS inquiry so the practice partners will certainly give her a ticking off.

Who knows, you could be famous and end up on the news.

Seriously wish these things didn't have so much effing stigma attached to them. This, along with lack of sensible sex education is the reason that there is a huge increase in various STD's amongst the younger folk these days (I keep hearing horrific stats on the radio atm), this is the sort of reason people get too scared/ashamed of visiting a clinic - that just cannot be good!? She should be royally booted for having a slack gob like that, working in a clinic with such a sensitive nature you would imagine they should be acutely aware of these situations and how to behave? - FFS.

At very least a flea in her ear about letting on... then again, you just told us all your private business so I guess it is a principle thing for you at this point and not a sensitivity issue ;)

I wouldnt worry about it, by complaining your keeping the subject alive and in topic of conversation. Ive had similar situations myself.

Situation 1

Whilst training a few years ago, I went on `gear`, which caused me to suffer a big injury to my back. Never knew until I came off the stuff and couldnt hardly walk. I had to have an operation on my back to fix it which required going up thru my arse, to my coxxic area.

Whilst laying on the operating table, awake as I was too heavy for the nurses to lift over, one of the nurses reconised me. "Arent you XXXX from the gym ?" I remember saying "Yes, I am", and she saying " Yes, I thought I reconised you!" then falling asleep.

As you can imagine, my balls / arse were well hammered during the operation, and I was in some quality position too I would imagine, all with this nurse present, watching :-). Lets say that I never returned to that gym again.

Situation 2

GUM in Brighton. Yeap, had caught something nasty from someone, and had to go to the GUM. Cant say it was the first time, but hey when the beer is in you, you arent thinking too clever. Didnt want to go as the Bton GUM waiting room are full of terminal cases, but it was either that, or watch it drop off.

So, went there, signed in, eventually got to my turn in the queue, when the Dr seeing me turned out to be a queer guy that worked in one of the clubs I was a bouncer at. He worked on the bar, but during the day was a nurse at the GUM. :-) So, imagine the next time I saw him, his man had been sticking things down my old boy's eye. I reckon 4 maybe 5 mins after Id left the clinic, that 90% of the people that worked in the club knew :-)

The more upset you are, the more it looks like your trying to hide things, so I say bolloxs to it. Let them talk. Be old news soon. I see it as being brave enough to face a problem and get it sorted. I knew several tosser blokes who have stuff, that just wont get it sorted.

SBK

Personally I don't understand the embarrassment - if you have to go to the clinic, it proves you've been getting it, so you score bonus "man-points".

Getting it from dirty whores doesn't count. Especially if you didn't use protection against surplus diseases.

My STD lessons will be continued...:D