The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hangovers

bromy

I know what you mean, hangovers suck ! Just a downside of becoming an old fart I guess ;)

Got leathered recently, went to bed and though 'that's cool, the room is swimming but I don't think I'm gonna chuck :) '

Woke up the next morning and guess what :( Yup, blew chunks :rolleyes: Definitely getting too old for all this :D

A couple of pints of squash before bed, with a couple of multi-vitamin tablets, and paracetamol. A reasonable amount of sleep too obviously, only having 3 hours before you get up for work's really going to multiply the pain...

I've also been told that Milk Thistle (Whatever that is) is supplsed to be invaluable, due to it being able to restore the damage done to your liver...

I've always suffered from hangovers and there's a lot of different things that contribute, and things you can do to lessen the pain.

Choose your drink carefully. Some beers have a lot of chemicals and this really messes you up.

Never mix beer and wine, and try to stick to one drink all night. Shots and alcopops such as Smirnoff Ice as well as beer etc don't help.

I find cigarette smoke makes me feel worse too, non smoking or outside bars are good.

I usually try and have a pint of water at some point during the night, and a couple of pints before I go to bed. Isotonic drinks are also good as well as some food.

They sell turmeric sachets in Japan which are supposed to help protect your liver. Maybe a placebo, but these seem to help a bit. I've found hangover cures such as RU21 do absolutely nothing. Mostly comes down to dehydration and the chemicals in the drinks.

The best cure is to go to Thailand!! I've never had more than a bit of a headache, even after a huuuuge session there. Bizarre.

I've been told that drinking less helps too, but that's easier said than done.....:D

Problem I find is that if I am sober enough to consider drinking gallons of water before I go to sleep or during the night itself I am sober enough to not need its assistance. If however I am rip roaring drunk---the sort you get by mistake by starting too early or not eating enough beforehand, or getting carried away by over exuberant mates etc etc I am now guaranteed to get a hangover of like a couple of days proportion. I'm a lazy little dick which is why I dont do the one sure fire cure that used to work when I was younger....... 3 litres of water and a session in the gym till the muscles ache more than the head does.

Yeah but I am guessing you arent in your thirties yet... Just you wait sonny :p

Exactly. I used to feel rough until midday the morning after, now it's all day followed by feeling run down the following day!!

I've cut back a lot, but still not enough....

Perhaps drink less? :)
Poof!

I've always suffered from hangovers
ME TOO !!! :D

The only things I've found are:

Drinking lots of water before going to bed prevents you getting a hangover, but like DB said when you're really pissed you forget to do it.

If you have got a hangover the only thing that will cure it properly is drinking some more alcohol. I wouldn't have a beer for breakfast because it might tend to worry your family but a couple of bevvies at lunchtime always does the trick for me.

Poof!

ME TOO !!! :D

The only things I've found are:

Drinking lots of water before going to bed prevents you getting a hangover, but like DB said when you're really pissed you forget to do it.

If you have got a hangover the only thing that will cure it properly is drinking some more alcohol. I wouldn't have a beer for breakfast because it might tend to worry your family but a couple of bevvies at lunchtime always does the trick for me.

Hair of the dog never fails :)

I usually head to the British pub here on Sundays for a roast dinner and a couple of pints, usually straigtens me out. The tricky part is not getting roped into going back on the piss again...!

I am really starting to suffer badly with hangovers these days, getting to the point of me seriously thinking about giving up drinking but I dont want to as it tastes so good. Has anyone tried these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-Party-Pack-DINK-Hangover-Cure_W0QQitemZ110063043869QQihZ001QQcategoryZ19262QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I bet you drink Stella! ;) as soon as i gave up stella and tried other beers, my hangovers were no more!! stella is evil