The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The drivers down south are insane.

RedM

I noticed an insane jump from the way people drive in my original home town of Cardiff, to how they drive in Reading - and lets not go near bloody London... holy hot **** what abunch of nasty mofos on the road some people can be. Being in Reading for the past 7/8 years I have become accustoemd to some of the less sane methods of motoring - and of course have had to adopt/adapt/survive, and as such appear to frighten the bejesus out of my family and any others when I go back home... If I drove like a chap from Cardiff around reading - I would get NOWHERE in the rush hour lol.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've become rather aggressive behind the wheel, but thats stood me in good stead for driving in Holland. Think its bad in the south of the UK try not driving fast enough on the highway out here :) I've had guys trying to overtake me on the grass verge whilst being hemmed in by the car in front of me.

Outside my house is a bottle neck with effectively my way in having right of way by virtue of the obstruction being on the opposite side of the road. I still get every time impatient eejits come straight at me on my side of the road. Thing that amazes me is I am in a bloody great range rover and these other cars are crappers like old suzuki swifts driven by grannies and the likes.

Northerners are nothing but monetry immigrants coming down here following work and quality of life. Then do nothing but complain, prefer the Polish as they don't complain.

Never a truer word spoken in jest :D And the Polish will do an honest days work instead of hanging around outside on constant fag breaks and sneaking off early down the pub, then coming in the next day late with stinking hangovers :D

In the south there's too much traffic and too many people in a rush, turns people into ar*eholes, myself included sometimes. The pace of life in London is just more intense.

My ex was from Ireland and she hated my driving, said I drove far too fast and was far too aggressive. I think of myself as assertive. She would let a tractor out in front of her on a narrow country lane and take forever to park, used to drive me nuts....

Oh I so get that whole unassertiveness of womens driving. It makes me insane to sit in the passenger seat with anyone. Its a control issue I think I have. Lets face it in reality if I drive home from say JAE I get home in a battle wagon over an hour faster than my ex mrs in our supra my time 2:30 hers 3:45 but hey really is that hour of my life all that important??

Neither is the entire weekend I have wasted in front of this machine but I still sit here for want of loads of other better things to do like change my house fusebox before the house burns down :D And as she is now my Ex I can say well it wasn't that big a problem being apart for a whole hour :) Thats not fair actually she wasn't that bad company or I wouldn't have gone to JAE with her.

We drove down from the North yesterday. M1 then an A road from Northampton towards Oxford then a really long A road to Southampton then M27E.

After Oxford the traffic was mental. Plenty of cars and pissing rain and yet we were being left standing at the speed limit! Nose to tail traffic at 90-100 mph and cars undertaking too. Nuts. We just plodded on. Better safe than sorry.:(

...and the rush hour traffic around Southampton. How do you (who live there) handle it?

Sorry bout that.

That means you were in the wrong lane. Learn how to drive on something other than those single track country roads your down south now :p You were in the wrong lane though

Actually, smartarse, I wasn't in the wrong lane. You assume (wrongly) that I was being undertaken. I watched as cars undertook cars in the OTHER lane both infront and behind me.

:rolleyes:

If they had room to undertake that means there was nothing inside of you and so you were in the wrong lane. Lanes 2 and 3 are for overtaking only. Wish more would realise this and is why new drivers should have motorway lessuns(spelling mistake to keep you busy and correct).:)

If they had room to undertake that means there was nothing inside of you and so you were in the wrong lane. Lanes 2 and 3 are for overtaking only. Wish more would realise this and is why new drivers should have motorway lessuns(spelling mistake to keep you busy and correct).:)

FFS, it was a sodding A-road! A34 towards Southampton IIRC

Two lanes only. Do I need to draw a frigging diagram?