The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Old 911

JamieP

I considered one of these - I was debating between a Supra and an old 911 as a daily driver.

Now I've bought the Supra I'm still considering an old 911 - but can't really justify 3 cars (2x911s and a Supra). I'd want an older one than that really - a late 70s in black would do me.

I would think theres not a lot in it running costs wise... my mum has had a few porsches and they have always been very reliable:)

Id love to buy that as a runaround.. smarten it up a little and polish the lip on the alloys that would look great..

No room on the drive:( .. i already have 3 cars and two motorbikes.

I would think theres not a lot in it running costs wise... my mum has had a few porsches and they have always been very reliable:)

Id love to buy that as a runaround.. smarten it up a little and polish the lip on the alloys that would look great..

No room on the drive:( .. i already have 3 cars and two motorbikes.

Jamie - How many pairs of feet do you have??:D

This could be a dilemma then. There are only 2 cars that I really like. The 911 and the Supe. I thought going for the Supe would be the cheaper option.

Then again if I went for a Porker I would want a newer model and therfore a much higher initial purchase price.

Hmmmmmm...... Decisions - Decisions.

Think I'll stick with the Supe!! Whats the Porsche forum like?:)

H.

Think I'll stick with the Supe!! Whats the Porsche forum like?:)

H.

Rennlist is excellent.

Servicing costs on 911s can be big, but it depends on the model. Early ones are not too bad I don't think - they are pretty simple mechanically speaking. Unfortunately - mine is one of the most expensive models. £500 even if they don't find anything extra to do (and they always find something extra).

Rennlist is excellent.

Servicing costs on 911s can be big, but it depends on the model. Early ones are not too bad I don't think - they are pretty simple mechanically speaking. Unfortunately - mine is one of the most expensive models. £500 even if they don't find anything extra to do (and they always find something extra).

Would expect the Porsche to cost more to run and repair. After all it's 24 years old. (Edit 22 years)

I know in my heart of hearts that the Supra is the one for me!!!

Anyone got a decent Aerotop lying around??????

H.

I dont want a turbo one... i have my supe for speed.

Id just like to live a childhood dream and have that shape 911;)

I did just that, except I bought a 993. Whished I'd bought a 964 instead, then I wouldn't have felt so guilty about spunking a huge amount of money on a car.

The I bought a supe, and now I'm still spending huge amounts on a car. :D

I did just that, except I bought a 993. Whished I'd bought a 964 instead, then I wouldn't have felt so guilty about spunking a huge amount of money on a car.

The I bought a supe, and now I'm still spending huge amounts on a car. :D

Mmmm 993 is my favorite.. in GT2 spec;)