The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my car

LeeT

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness would you entertain the idea of a straight swap for another Supra to sell on straight away. Am pretty tempted by yours but wouldnt be able to sell mine before yours went.

Get a loan to buy Lee's car then sell yours and pay the loan of:)

any suggestions to how i could insure this at 20 with 2 years no cliams and 2 years driving experiance, no claims no accidents.

i've had a bpu twin uk for 8 months now if that helps?

Think you would be lucky tbh mate, im 24 with full NCB, 3 points and am with Sky, id try them but not sure with you only being 20.

any suggestions to how i could insure this at 20 with 2 years no cliams and 2 years driving experiance, no claims no accidents.

i've had a bpu twin uk for 8 months now if that helps?

Don't think it would be cheap buddy if you could get it at all. When you turn 21 will help

so what does it need to be able to run full power?? or just a remap.

Everything is there for it to run to its potential. It is running on a base map that i have tweaked to run safe. A decent dyno session which i have been quoted £300 > £400 for will unleash its full potential, quicker spool etc.

In all seriousness would you entertain the idea of a straight swap for another Supra to sell on straight away. Am pretty tempted by yours but wouldnt be able to sell mine before yours went.

not really to be honest, i have had lots of interest with mine so far and confident that the 1st person to come and see it will buy it, thanks for the offer though

Thanks for all the positive comments guys

Everything is there for it to run to its potential. It is running on a base map that i have tweaked to run safe. A decent dyno session which i have been quoted £300 > £400 for will unleash its full potential, quicker spool etc.

ive never heard of the ecu you have? can anyone map it ie does it come with software or is it only certain people who can map it like the bloody hks ones?? :)

ive never heard of the ecu you have? can anyone map it ie does it come with software or is it only certain people who can map it like the bloody hks ones?? :)

Very simple to map and as far as i know anyone can do it. I know Thor can aswell as Paul Whiffin and im sure Turbofit would be able to too. The software is downloadable off the net but i also have the software that came with it. This ECU is widely used in the states and more and more people are starting to use it over here

don't understand why anyone would take on a project like that and get such a great result, then sell.

Real shame that Lee.

Good luck! Thats such a great supra :(

nothing sinister about it, theres a few different reasons for the sale. The main one being i rarely get to drive it anymore so its a waste just sat here on my driveway looking nice. I agree its a great shame to sell but it makes sense to sell when it is still in such great condition

nothing sinister about it, theres a few different reasons for the sale. The main one being i rarely get to drive it anymore so its a waste just sat here on my driveway looking nice. I agree its a great shame to sell but it makes sense to sell when it is still in such great condition

Sorry mate,

Wasn't being critical or argumentative.

Its just such a shame to see another members pride and joy being sold.

Good luck ;)

Mate those are the exact reasons I gave myself for selling my last aerotop. At the time it seemed like the "sensible" thing to do. I have regretted it since. I've been through five cars since and none of them have made me happy. Its needled me since I sold it. I've even been looking at buying another one but can't find one with anywhere near the spec mine was. My advice for what its worth is sit on it and seriously think about what impact this will have on you in a year or so, I'm gutted a year later I really am.

Mate those are the exact reasons I gave myself for selling my last aerotop. At the time it seemed like the "sensible" thing to do. I have regretted it since. I've been through five cars since and none of them have made me happy. Its needled me since I sold it. I've even been looking at buying another one but can't find one with anywhere near the spec mine was. My advice for what its worth is sit on it and seriously think about what impact this will have on you in a year or so, I'm gutted a year later I really am.

Same as his Aristo to me !!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.