The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my car

LeeT

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with cat D's....

Just our insurance in this country is bollocks, they will declare something cat D at the drop of a hat for no sensible reason sometimes..

Very true, there was hardly any damage at all, you saw the photos a year or so back, remember?

Bad points are

CatD

It's running on a DIY tweeked base map which is fine but obviously there will be alot more potential once done proffessionally, been quoted £350 for a dyno mapping session

Front wheel is kerbed but can be easily sorted by Envy

I've just not got the time to sort things at the moment

Yeah, to be fair it didn't warrant the cat D. The amount of damage was very minimal and I don't believe any of it was to the body was it?

rear quarter, but it has had new panels fitted by GVN now. Basically i had to take the car to the vauxhall garage opposite the ice rink for repair. as soon as they saw the fibreglass i just knew they wouldn't repair it

No way Lee, how can you bring yourself to do it?

i just hardly use it now and it's better to sell it now whilst it is in immaculate exterior condition. If it doesn't sell i'll just keep it but i'm sure someone will snap it up

Cat D or not this car was fully repaired by GVN & when your car comes back from them it's better than when came out if the factory IMO :)

These guy's just know how to out a car back together :eyebrows:

Thanks Lui, yep GVN are the daddies and have done me proud. It makes sense to try and out it now whilst it is in such good shape

Lee,

sorry to see it go, and may be you.

Will have a beer with you at JAe, if I go of course. :tongue: ;)

Cheers Tom, i won't be going anywhere. I'll buy another after the winter. I just need or it would be nice to free up some cash at the moment as i have a few things lined up;)

Noooooo Lee....I cant believe it!:(

If i had the money..I'd buy it.

(better check me lotto now):rolleyes:

Well, best of luck with the sale mate :cry:

Thanks guys, i've been umming and arghing about it for ages but it's just not getting used now and it's a waste just sat there. I'll let someone else enjoy her as i just don't get any time at the moment

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.