The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What happens if I cancel my insurance ?

Clarkey

If your thinking of getting another car soon, ask them if you can freeze your account until you get another car and then you will continue until the end of your 12 months. You may lose some money if you get a cheaper less powerful car, but at least you will get your 12 months no claims.

you should be entitled to a pro-rata refund, minus an admin charge normally of about £40. In the first year of a policy (with the same insurer) the refund will not be more than 80% of the total premium. You can also cancel within 14days and receive a full refund....obviously both circumstances take into account that you have NOT had a fault claim within the policy period. :)

i know this :blink:

although i'm paying more to do it monthly i'm not going to lose out on hundreds am i as i'm only paying a little more each month? although this is not the reason for me paying monthly, the reason i pay monthly is that i can't afford to pay out all in one lump sum.

Your not paying monthly mate.

You have a finance agreement!!!!!!! with their sister company Amber.

I used to pay the insurance monthly with Sky cancelled and still had to pay nearly all but £68 pounds back.

CRIMINAL

Your not paying monthly mate.

You have a finance agreement!!!!!!! with their sister company Amber.

I used to pay the insurance monthly with Sky cancelled and still had to pay nearly all but £68 pounds back.

CRIMINAL

But you took out a years policy not a monthly one!

It's all detailed in your policy document and in 18yrs of insuring cars they are no different to any other insurance company I have dealt with.

Yup indeedy. need to check my policy T&C - to know exactly I stand. But it appears to be standard practice.

I would need to buy a cheapy runner to get anything back from my policy. But I don't want to buy a cheap runner .. as got the arse of maintaining something that I wouldn't use. As all my spare cash at the moment - I'm piling into my next fun car.

But you took out a years policy not a monthly one!

It's all detailed in your policy document and in 18yrs of insuring cars they are no different to any other insurance company I have dealt with.

I am fully aware of this.

However I was expecting a lot more as I only had the policy for 6 months.

Yer ok keep my deposit, but why should I continue to pay each month for a policy I have only had for half the duration and paid 2/3 of already cost with the deposit?

I was to say the least peeved, I didn't have that trouble with Adrian Flux when I was a Honda driver. Cancel policy they keep the deposit, and that was all

Guest gzaerojon
Nope, they will stiff you for all they can - the broker will keep 100% of their commission plus probably charge you a cancellation fee.

Just canceled a policy with Sky too and awaiting the refund advice. If it sucks you can guarantee I wont go near Sky again, and seeing as I still have the Trial Supra, MR2 turbo and am looking at another jap import, they will lose business.

:yeahthat:

i tried to cancel with sky, but they said by the time i pay cancellation charges and interest fees (it is actually covered by a finance house :blink: ) it would end up costing more than just letting the policy run it's course

but why should I continue to pay each month for a policy I have only had for half the duration and paid 2/3 of already cost with the deposit?

Because that's what you agreed to do when you took out the policy.

I'll bet my bottom dollar next time you take out a policy you'll ask all the right questions before you say yes ;)