The mkiv Supra Owners Club

98 RSP vvt-i

Chiefgroover

TT,Auto/tip. Has leather, UK brakes, and active spoiler.

Car has never been crashed, has had one sill repainted by the previous owner due to car park scrape.

86,000 miles. Recent F1's. Totally stock, and always has been.

First registered in the UK, last owner got it from Park Lane with 1 mile on the clock.

In excellent condition. Only wear on interior is a slight bit on the driver seat as you get it, otherwise superb!.

Looks Superb, and drives the usual vvt-i superb.

NO service history, that got lost with the previous garage's closure. Pity. It has an Alpine cd player, and is delimited. The finish of the cd player is the same as the dash panels so cosmetic intregation is very good.

This car is located in N.I. so if you want it, budget for a one way flight and boat trip.

£10,500.

p.s. it now has a load less tyre noise, which is very becoming of the car. (F1's are a bit noisey but not the worst BTW)

Hmmmmm, poss. p/x on my silver one?

Why aren`t you keeping it ernie?

I have discovered that i shall never be able to do track work with the auto/tip box. Some people can, just not me, Roy. Too long in the manual camp and too old to adapt.

I know a buyer for your motor, so give me a buzz.

bargain

I'm not trying to start an argument - this is a genuine question - but does VVTi really make so much difference to the price? This car is only 1 year newer than my (non-VVTi one) - but it's significantly more expensive. Is this always the case - and are they really so much better?

I'm not trying to start an argument - this is a genuine question - but does VVTi really make so much difference to the price? This car is only 1 year newer than my (non-VVTi one) - but it's significantly more expensive. Is this always the case - and are they really so much better?

Very good question, one I asked for years myself, and only got an answer to recently.

My findings are (I haven't that much expereince with vvti though)

the low down and midrange torque is much better. The car has the newer ECU, dual 16 bit i think, runs super smooth al all revs. I did a back to back test with a 94 jap auto tt last Sat, and the vvti drove so much nicer. Cant see me owning a non vvti again. (actually have a car lined up, but that top secret until it appears).

Toyota made a load of small but good changes to the later models, a list of which is on supraforums, and some info on a sticky here also. The vvt-i 2jz is a great engine IMO. Cant wait to get a manual.

Yeah, just imagine this baby with Blitz 03 and a Supra dragger with the lower front lip and active colour coded, and Uk spec headlights. Well thats what I would do anyway if I was keeping it.

Sounds a lot like mine then :D

I missed yours by one day, I faffed about and you got it lol, hope your enjoying every minute of it :)

Every minute of driving it, yes.

Staring at it lovingly, yes.

The ridiculous amount of money it's eaten, no - I reckon it's gone through more than £4K since I got it, not including basic running costs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.