The mkiv Supra Owners Club

An opinion please.....

andrew7

Hi guys,

I'd like to pick your brains if I may....:D

After getting nowhere with "web developer" off this forum all year, I have eventually done a self-update of my website (golf related). It is not quite as I planned, but I have been restricted with the web creator programme I used..

Any constructive comments/critiscisms would be welcome.

Bear in mind that it is mainly designed for quick load times, rather than entertaining graphics.

Site is at http://www.droprightin.co.uk

Thanks...:)

Don't know much bout web developing dude but u play golf?

I play off 3

challenge ya :D

Haven't played proper golf for a couple of years Oly, due to working with a "highly recommended" teaching pro, who left me with wrist pains, back aches, pulled muscles..game went downhill so fast I couldn't believe it!...so have reverted back to Austinology (Mike Austin - do a Google...:))...and was making good progress before the winter arrived..

Take you on at putting tho......:D

BTW the caretaker of the Austin method is coming to France (near Paris) in the new year to give free lessons (we pay for his trip and hotel only, should be split between 20 odd people I think) Good deal if you want to come along)....Mike used to charge up to $10,000 for a weekend course..

Oly,

If you haven't been there before, check out this website..

One of the guys has added about 70 yards to his drives over the last year (hit 328 yards in competion, level fairway, no wind)

Go to the forum there is loads of info ther.

I recon someone of your capability could add loads to their driving distance...Check out "The Throw".. came from James Braid originally I think...

http://www.mikeaustingolf.com

ohh nice!!

Damn i wish i could practice more - i got to work 12 days on and 2 days off these days so is hard to keep my feel

drive over 300 yards at the mo, but damn that guy can swing :D

He died last year at the age of 96 mate..taught for over 60 years and invented kinesiology for golf.

I've got about 8 hours of DVDs here, never seen anything else close to describing the real golf swing the way he explains it, especially the throw from the top that he used....

Got a section where he is teaching people and he is creaming a 1-iron off the deck with ONE HAND!.....

And anither part where Mhe is teaching Mike Dunaway, and Dunaway is hitting a 6-iron 215 yards (this was back in 1993!...)

Awesome....

I personally like the site, load times are good, the site is easy to navigate...

A couple of things, there is a lot of info on some of those pages, you might want to split them up a bit. Also try and clean up the menu on the top, the links look a little basic.

Something to try is Macromedia Dreamweaver, and get one of the pre-built templates. (You can get a trial of dreamweaver)

I personally like the site, load times are good, the site is easy to navigate...

A couple of things, there is a lot of info on some of those pages, you might want to split them up a bit. Also try and clean up the menu on the top, the links look a little basic.

Something to try is Macromedia Dreamweaver, and get one of the pre-built templates. (You can get a trial of dreamweaver)

Thanks for you comments mate...

I tried Dreamweaver before using my present Software (SERIF)...I found it much too "professional".. couldn't get to grips with it, which is why I accepted one of the guys one here's offer to do the site for me (I wasn't asking him to do it for nothing either..)...

Could you expand on the menu thing...I don't have that many links to go to in the site really...

The other thing is I don't particularly want the menus to jump out at you, which is why they are not done in bold black with shiny buttons... they are there if needed, but I want the viewer to try and get through the script in a paticular order..

Appreciate the suggestions though....

Re splitting up the long pages, do you mean into seperate pages, or break them up with graphics or something?...

Just had a look around the site, seems well layed out. Easy to read and easy to find what you want. Being a bit pickey and dependant on how perfect you want to get things, the only thing that stood out that you could change is that the N in download was spaced too far away from the L in the DOWN LOAD link. Other than that its a vwery well set out site with alot of good info.

Sorry but i am very perdantic and if it was me it would bug me.

Just had a look around the site, seems well layed out. Easy to read and easy to find what you want. Being a bit pickey and dependant on how perfect you want to get things, the only thing that stood out that you could change is that the N in download was spaced too far away from the L in the DOWN LOAD link. Other than that its a vwery well set out site with alot of good info.

Sorry but i am very perdantic and if it was me it would bug me.

Yes I noticed that too Robert...Script is Verdana, but that is just the way it came out, can't seem to change it....just typed the word download and that is the way it ended up...:(

Thanks for your comments BTW...

I just wanted to make sure that I came over as being sincere in my objectives towards the reader. Perceived insincerity is apparently the number one turn-off for surfers...