The mkiv Supra Owners Club

For sale... incar pc

JamieP

Got this of ebay but cant be arsed to fit it... this is the spec i got from the ebay add;)

Specification features:

601Mhz Intel P3 CPU

128Meg RAM

7.85Gig Hard Disk

CD-ROM Drive

Adapter to run from car battery

24cm x 27cm x 8cm (WxLxH), very small and very flat

USB slots

Network port

Ports:

PS2 Mouse port

PS2 Keyboard port

VGA

9pin Serial

Parallel

USBx2

Network/ethernet

Microphone, speaker and headphones

£130 including postage

some info from the add...Thats all the info in have:)

128mb RAM, 7.85gb hard disk (standard size, easy to replace), VGA out port. Full XP software with Office 2003. USB connection. All you need to do is add your screen and you have the complete in-car PC system. Comes with Infomap Navigator 2003 installed.

Is the power properly setup for a car? It looks just like a power adapter converted into a 12v socket to me and hp didn't build any specific in car machines.

I mean, is it protected during cranking. Will it shut down gracefully etc. Perhaps the model number of the power convertor will help.

Like this special in car PSU :

Automotive ready: Eliminating in-car power issues, the VoomPC car pc computer is the perfect high performance mobile car PC solution providing a versatile, low cost navigation and infotainment / car PC hardware platform.

Small Form Factor using mini-ITX boards, and car PC ATX power supplies, the VoomPC system has 8 user selectable microcontroller driven timing modes, allowing you to choose up to 8 ignition/shutdown car pc timing schemes via a built-in shutdown controller based on the car ignition system status. Win an input voltage ranging from 6 to 24V DC, the VoomPC car PC survives tough engine cranks, a vital requirement for any car PC application.

Based on the small form factor VIA EPIA Mini-ITX platform (lowest power car PC plaform to date) and with its own smart 12V car PC power supply unit, the VoomPC is the most cost efficient car PC solution in the market.

you've got to much money gaz.

stop buying everything!

i bet your enjoying having another project car. hope your son's chuffed with his new motor.

:D yeah he is well chuffed just cannot get him any insurance till january when he is 19, and yep this one will look the nuts, :D then going to be looking for 6 speed manual single for me in the spring;)

yup, i'm gonna be going single me thinks, been looking at a few cars, if i could get one cheap enough i'll buy it and stick it in the garage over winter. i wanna wait till feb before insureing one though because i'm another year older,another years ncb and another years driving experience. good luck with the search buddy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.