The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bottom end gone :(

Bog

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do i just need to get it set up right then? All i know is it is always on 'low' setting.

If its set right then there is no problem matey, dont get rid of it. Even on high boost setting, it shouldnt be any more than 1.2-1.3bar to be safe.

I thought from what was said in the other thread that it was just a switch, my bad ;) Sounds to me more like the high boost setting, is set too high :blink:

Hope you get it sorted, even with the 1.5k engine, you've still got a bargain for a uk spec manual matey, and a lovely looking car too :thumbs:

Just read this, gutted for you mate, I can only imagine what you must have felt like when you first got it & it did that. When I watched those 2 vids I actually went to the garage to start my Sup to make sure she was still smooth!!!! (paranoia setting in there :D)

Anyway at least it's being sorted now, hope everything goes smoothly for you,

Jay

I took it to Nippon Motors in Barking, they deal with high powered Jap cars, They are mainly a spares place, so they source engines, gearboxes etc But have moved to a new location, its just a HUUUGGGGEEEE workshop, with a ware house full of engines etc.

At the moment, they are doing my car, another Supra Twin Turbo, an RX7 and a few Impreza's!

Plus the work all comes with a 6 months no quibbles parts and labour warranty. Anything happens regarding the engine, they'll sort it out :)

another thing.

When does the second turbo kick in?

Ive done a search, and couldnt really find much.

When my car worked, i felt the turbo spining in and taking off at around 3k rpm? Is that the second turbo?

whats more intense the first or the second turbo?

I hope the turbo hasnt gone aswell!!!

The car standard apart from a Blitz Nur spec exhuast btw.

another thing.

When does the second turbo kick in?

Ive done a search, and couldnt really find much.

When my car worked, i felt the turbo spining in and taking off at around 3k rpm? Is that the second turbo?

whats more intense the first or the second turbo?

I hope the turbo hasnt gone aswell!!!

The car standard apart from a Blitz Nur spec exhuast btw.

Hi matey,

ok 2nd turbo on the uk will be on full boost by 4-4500 so 4k is where it'll start producing more boost, the 2nd turbo is the most pronounced out of the 2 and once decatted the kick is huge!

I'd advise getting a boost gauge, this will be the easiest way to tell :)

and you would know, the supra has something known as the "death wine" when the 2nd turbo goes (almost always the one that fails at high boost) it's like someone screaming just as it comes on. If you have someone closer than me around then get them to go out in the car with you, as I guess it could put your mind at rest with a few things.

Hi matey,

ok 2nd turbo on the uk will be on full boost by 4-4500 so 4k is where it'll start producing more boost, the 2nd turbo is the most pronounced out of the 2 and once decatted the kick is huge!

I'd advise getting a boost gauge, this will be the easiest way to tell :)

its got a boost gauge, but i can never keep my eye on it while i floor it! :lol:

yea i think thats about right, it was around 4000rpm, i'll have another looksy when i get the car back :D

cheers!

its got a boost gauge, but i can never keep my eye on it while i floor it! :lol:

yea i think thats about right, it was around 4000rpm, i'll have another looksy when i get the car back :D

cheers!

haha, ok then, well if you have both cats in, you should see about0.7 bar on the first turbo and when both online 0.8 bar, and it should hold this boost to redline, not that you really got the chance!:(

haha, ok then, well if you have both cats in, you should see about0.7 bar on the first turbo and when both online 0.8 bar, and it should hold this boost to redline, not that you really got the chance!:(

its got a decat i think, dunno if its both, i however do have one of the cats in my garage. pretty big one.

Just read this, gutted for you mate, I can only imagine what you must have felt like when you first got it & it did that. When I watched those 2 vids I actually went to the garage to start my Sup to make sure she was still smooth!!!! (paranoia setting in there :D)

Anyway at least it's being sorted now, hope everything goes smoothly for you,

Jay

so it wasnt just me then :)