The mkiv Supra Owners Club

need for speed MODS NEEDED

defcom

Ok guys I have a stock supra engine and looking to start moding it where the best place to start

I thinking of a Blitz BOV

Blitz Turbo timer (Blitz SBC-ID VIII Boost Controller reason for using this would be to eliminate the need to boost gauges, is this right and good thinking or not?) or any other idears

Apex induction kit

Nur speck exhaust system

Any help would good

You are classing the turbo timer and the SBC as 2 entirely different pieces of electronics aren't you?

If standard I would start with the following.

Air filter (cone or panel replacement - your choice) £100-£300

Exhaust (again your choice)£350 - £1000

De-Cat pipe/s £200 - £300

Restrictor ring £18 (IIRC)

SSQV BOV £250?

FSE Regulator £100?

Warlbro Pump £100?

Turbo Timer £30 - £100

Boost Gauge (I prefer dial ones as you can quickly visualise where it is - rather than having to physcially read it) £30 - £180

Boost Controllers could come later, especially with the fitting of the restrictor ring. (controller £150 - £450)

HTH

Probably something I have forgotten.

Ben..

thanks for your advice,, will I need one of these

Boost Cut Controller,

with that Kind of set up or will an electric boost controller sort it out, what if I went to a manual boost controller would one of these be worth having. (which is best Man or Elec?)

the Exhaust system Not sure wether to leve the front cat in or not (for MOT) I beleve that the Nurspec sys is from the frunt cat back is this right!

Will I need to Put I a restrictor ring if I leave the frunt cat in??

parts getting

apex induction

Nurspec system (is this sys any good?)

BOV (which one is best)

Plugs (which are the best)

FSE Regulator

Warlbro Pump

Regards to the last two parts I will have to resurch them some more and fine a local garage that can set them up.

Is there anthing else that anyone can ad and help me in my quest for power

:D

Originally posted by defcom

thanks for your advice,, will I need one of these

Boost Cut Controller,

with that Kind of set up or will an electric boost controller sort it out, what if I went to a manual boost controller would one of these be worth having. (which is best Man or Elec?)

the Exhaust system Not sure wether to leve the front cat in or not (for MOT) I beleve that the Nurspec sys is from the frunt cat back is this right!

Will I need to Put I a restrictor ring if I leave the frunt cat in??

parts getting

apex induction

Nurspec system (is this sys any good?)

BOV (which one is best)

Plugs (which are the best)

FSE Regulator

Warlbro Pump

Regards to the last two parts I will have to resurch them some more and fine a local garage that can set them up.

Is there anthing else that anyone can ad and help me in my quest for power

:D

Electronic/maunal boost controllers is a personal preference, do a search and find the differences, let the info on here help you decide.

The Nur Spec R is what I have, and it is from 2nd Cat back. If you want your systemt to be free from pussy, get 2 decat pipes from Crhis Wilson, the standard Nur will not get rid of these. If you leave the front cat in, you may be ok without a ring, you'd need to test it first.

The Warlbro and FSE will be better than stock out of the box, but may need setting up further on a dyno.

If you want more, try searching for hybrids or big singles - it all depends on cash and availability of funds.

Ben..