The mkiv Supra Owners Club

(?.?) Funny sound behind dash.....

Guest W0LFMAN

Guest W0LFMAN

Hey Sup Peeps

Question is:....

Every time i start the car,, and drive abit... there seems to be a funny sound that sounds like its comming from behind the centre Dash inside the car...

Its hard thing to explain... but it sounds like water trickling or squiring... or something wet sounding...not load but enough to hear...

it only lasts for a few seconds.. and seems to happen when i put my foot down on the gas...

Its doe'snt always happen , but its something i wanted to bring up.. if anyone else has heard of it...

View are apprichated....

Wolfy

You've got an airlock in your heater matrix, you can hear the sound of rushing bubbles.

Stick the heater on full hot, make sure your expansion tank is almost full, go drive for a bit and let the engine cool down. It should bleed the system out and the level in the expansion tank should go down.

-Ian