The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone had a Gastroscopy (camera down the throat)?

Babe

i had it twice in my mouth no pain at all just you feel like vomiting whilst its down you but nothing major feels kinda good:)

hope you are talking about a Gastroscopy :p

Don't forget to post up the footage.

yes,, eat some Hovis before you have Gastroscopy ;)

Joke aside, I'm sure you will be ok

Oh my God...
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif

I think I want general anaesthetic after reading all that! I have trouble swallowing vitamin tablets!

Having it done on my BUPA so hopefully they'll be a bit more patient and understanding...

Had mine done on the NHS with no anaesthetic, not pleasant but more uncomfortable than painful, NHS were ok, nice cup of tea from a tasty nurse and I was on my way after a short stay in recovery. Bupa will pamper you a bit more.

You'll be fine, good luck.

(in advance sorry about the tec' spelling)

I had a hyiatus hernia at the top of my stomach/lower asofigus,

had 2 ops' neither of which solved the problem, then 2 years ago it all split open... ended up in hospital for 2 months (1 week in intensive care) came out of hospital at 6 stone with a 7inch scar down me' middle and another 6 weeks in bed!

hence lots of endoscopys!!!!!!!

So what problems exactly do you guys have that need such invasive investigation?

I became extremely anaemic and lost a lot of weight, prelimenary tests said I was bleeding internally, but they never found out from where.

Doing okay now though, haven't needed any iron for a good couple of years and quite frankly taking those little suckers is way better than being poked and prodded.

• 2 weeks later...

i have had severe acid in my stomach all my life, it sometimes doubles me up its that bad, the last time i went to a doctor he gave me an appointment at the hospital to have a camera shoved up my ring, yeah right never went and will put up with the pain, mind you that was twenty years ago, a camera pill sounds cool though, how things have changed:D

Didn't feel a thing!
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif

+ They 'sedated' me (knocked me right out more like) so I knew absolutely nothing about it.

- Got a sore throat and ear ache.

- No instant results, stomach was inflamed but they didn't know why, took biopsies, have to wait 2 weeks for the result.

Crikey. Looks like lots of people on here have had stuff shoved inside just about every orifice - coincidence - but is it a supra owner thing and hopefully not contagious! Im gonna head over to the GTROC, I hear they only have back ache problems over there :)

Only kidding :)

Babe, good luck with the test.