The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone had a Gastroscopy (camera down the throat)?

Babe

Tell 'em to just keep going - it'll come out there at the end anyway - save having two procedures LOL:d

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Mind you, one of those camera pills you just swallow and let pass through all the way must be a lot less uncomfortable!

On that thought I'm off to Tescos to stock up and get another 5p petrol voucher!

I had one last year. I wasn't allowed to be sedated, as there weren't enough nurses on duty for recovery.

So I went in fully awake. First they apply a spray down your throat that numbs it and (allegedly) takes away the gag reflex.

The I was made to lie on my side, they placed a rubber block with a hole in it in my mouth then inserted the tube. Its not pleasant, and you really do have to try and relax, but its not easy. Then they pump your stomach full of air to make it expand, and they performed a biopsy on me, but you don't feel a thing as there are no pain receptors in your stomach lining.

Whole process took about 10 mins, and it can be a tad distressing, and tbh I wouldn't have it done again without sedation.

Hope that helps.

I had one, just get them to give you heavy sedation, you wont know anything about it. I got up onto the table, laid down, they gave me a jab, next thing I knew I was back in my room. It's not that scary honest.

Ya big wimp! I had one a couple of years ago. Bit of spray in the back of your throat then the tube is put down. Breathe when you can...it's ok when it's going down... gagging when it's being pulled back. Once in your stomach they move it up and down as they are checking you out, so the only infuriating thing is the nurse telling you to breathe properly in the midddle of gagging. If she had not been a minger it kinda want's you to shove your cock down her throat and tell her to fickin breathe properly.

Couple of things...They also usually take a biopsy by grabbing a bit of stomach tissue with an integral part of the scope, andthat stayed sore for a day.

Be prepared for tears as the gagging makes your eyes water so take a hanky (or pair of your birds briefs would be a bigger laugh for the staff). The total procedure time was less than 5 minutes.

My dad was told he had to have both a gastroscopy and colonoscopy and they would do both procedures in the same visit. He asked if they could do the gastroscopy first! They didn't even see the joke.

Makes you respect the actresses in the film deep throat, I can tell you!

i had it twice in my mouth no pain at all just you feel like vomiting whilst its down you but nothing major feels kinda good:)

you would have fun in prison wouldn't you eh :D

ive had it done once without being sedated, its was horrible, and i kept trying to throw up, the spray they used to stop me gagging was useless, didnt last very long but wasen't very nice.

Had an endoscopy, colonoscopy and whatever they call the nasal oscopy few years back and had no real problems at all, the worst one I found was the nose one, most uncomfortable! They never did bloody find out what was wrong with me though.

You'll be fine.

When I had mine( sounds like everyone has had one)- they shoved the camera through my nose to examine the back of my throat- which took me by surprise- as I was expecting it through the mouth- which would have made me gag and spew like Steve O from Jackass- through the nose was no problem- did not hurt at all.

Guest DarkAge
I had one last year. I wasn't allowed to be sedated, as there weren't enough nurses on duty for recovery.

So I went in fully awake. First they apply a spray down your throat that numbs it and (allegedly) takes away the gag reflex.

The I was made to lie on my side, they placed a rubber block with a hole in it in my mouth then inserted the tube. Its not pleasant, and you really do have to try and relax, but its not easy. Then they pump your stomach full of air to make it expand, and they performed a biopsy on me, but you don't feel a thing as there are no pain receptors in your stomach lining.

Whole process took about 10 mins, and it can be a tad distressing, and tbh I wouldn't have it done again without sedation.

Hope that helps.

yup, thats exactly how mine went as well. Not painfull but very uncomfortable

www.ratemytoyota.net

Had an endoscopy, colonoscopy and whatever they call the nasal oscopy few years back ...

Was it anything like Total Recall?:D

I'm soooo glad I avoid doctors and hospitals, hell it's been 15 years since I saw a dentist.

If my time comes to meet my maker, I'll go anyway - these hospital bastids don't have a clue, I just don't trust them.:blink:

How invasive is that, sticking things up your mouth, nose and ass and then admitting that they still haven't got the faintest?

Oh my God...
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif

I think I want general anaesthetic after reading all that! I have trouble swallowing vitamin tablets!

Having it done on my BUPA so hopefully they'll be a bit more patient and understanding...