The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Headlights

stt

Right,I'm starting to get realy annoyed with stripping my headlights to get rid of the condensation and clear some of the grime that builds up on them,Being a bit new to this forum im not sure wether my question has already been answered or not but from a few american sites that ive seen the european spec supras came with glass headlights as opposed the jap ones with the mickey plastic ones,So in a nutshell I was wondering if there is anyone UK based who sells just the glass as opposed to buying the whole headlight from toyota (at silly money), Any replies would be grand,thank you!!:)

Originally posted by dangerous brain

The UK lights aren't all that expensive dood.

Pictures, part numbers and prices can be found here - I'm just debating what to do with my drivers side lamp, cook it or just buy a new one.... I'm fancying the matt black look on them but can't seem to get the motivation to start the job :(

Sounds to me like your only option is to cook them, I've never done it myself (have UK spec car/glass headlights) but have friends state side that have. Its apparently very easy to do and the results are really good. If you haver the patience you can even de-line them. This link might help you out.

How to clean your headlights

This doesn't show how to de-line them, but there is info out there if you have the time to search. I don't know wether this will cause the headlights to fail an MOT, the lines are only infront of the fog lights, so might be ok but I wouldn't take the risk.

Thanks for your help guys,Ive split them and cleaned them 3 times now but i cant fit my car into my garage so it has to live outside,but it realy lets the car down and draws people to all the other little bits thats wrong with it(previous owner didnt have a clue but I got it at a steal!)but having said that because of the weather we have been having Ive taken out the main beam bulb and they are drying out,Only a quick fix though realy buit glass ones are deffinatly on the agenda