The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wanted tt or single supra

gdc

Guest Terry S
is this not going to cost more in the long run?:search:

Definitely. The best way to do it is to buy a properly "built in the UK" car. Unfortunately they are pretty rare to say the least.

Guest Terry S
Depends who it's been built in the uk by, and what parts they used, and who setup\mapped the car etc. But yes, a car built in the uk would be better in terms of finding out exactly what has\hasn't been done and when.

Hence the word properly ;)

How comes you have needed to spend so much on your car?

Spot on.

It needed four tyres on arrival as the jap tyres weren't ce marked, there goes £1k before I sat in it !

The car went to gt-art, and they started mapping from scratch. I felt this was the best way. They had what they felt was fueling issues although it turned out to be something else. I burnt up £1k at gt-art just getting a couple of wiring gremlins fixed and having the car mapped to 0.9bar.

The injectors on the car were 850s, which was enough but it was in the stock rail. Thought of having this modded to twinfeed, but Paul E was doing a good deal on a set of 1000cc PE injectors, HKS fuel rail and HKS FPR, so ordered those.

Mapping is a personal thing, you need to have an understanding with your mapper and get on well with them. Didn't have this with gt-art, so looked elsewhere, was it chris wilson that said buy an ecu based on the mapper ? So opted for an ecu change to AEM, as I remember Dude raving about these too.

So, recently it has had ecu change, injectors, fuel rail, fpr, DLi, resistor pack, 3" dp inplace of piddley 2.5" Trial left on the car, it had a few other bits too, plus mapping, fitting, etc.

It all adds up ! Oh, and the HKS Triple clutch has just died :rolleyes:

I was determined to 'do it properly' as I love the car, but properly isn't cheaply, as I guess is your point ;)

With all this said, to build the car would cost twice what I have paid for the car and all mods. Plus the signs are that the unusual turbo (blitz k5-660r) is gonna be a goodun, full boost by 3300 and the compressor is of good size, so low lag and good power. Trial, somehow, made 640rwhp on pump gas. If I get that on optimax, I will be happy.

Guest Terry S

Thats a shame about Gary as I had hoped for good things from him.

I will be very surprised if it makes 640bhp on pump fuel with a turbo that makes full boost by 3300rpm, unless that is in 6th gear? Do you have the specs on that turbo?

PS the black one above looks like Stu Bailey's old car

Do you have the specs on that turbo?

It's been difficult to find, but I have :

Compressor Inducer 65.5mm

Compressor Major 91mm

Turbine Trim 71

Turbine Major 76mm

Turbine Exducer 64mm

A/R is probably the 7.11, so a 0.64.

Hopefully get the dyno results soon.

Yeah I was hopeful with Gary too, Robbie gets on fine with him, but just one of those things I guess :)

Guest Terry S

its slightly bigger on the compressor major side than a standard T67 P trim, and slightly smaller on the compressor inducer. The exhaust wheel is almost exactly the same sizes as a 67 P trim.

its slightly bigger on the compressor major side than a standard T67 P trim, and slightly smaller on the compressor inducer. The exhaust wheel is almost exactly the same sizes as a 67 P trim.

Ah right.

Well it will make what it makes, but it looks like the lag isn't horrendous and it sure will be quick enough for me :)

Apparently it has anti-surge compressor housing too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.