The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Road Rage Mentalist

michael

Crikey!

So there I am sat in a queue of traffic minding my own business when a blue Focus ST comes round the traffic island behind me on the wrong side of the road. Nothing too unusual there as it blocks the empty lane people use to turn right.

Then he starts trying to push into my lane 3 or 4 cars in front of me, again fairly normal these days.... ah he's wheelspinning his way in and waving a hammer.... slightly less normal :rolleyes:

Then the Focus driver goes over the crossroads, around some traffic trying to turn into my road, up the pavement on the other side of the road, onto the grass, around a bus stop and back onto the road towards oncoming traffic.... again this isn't quite the norm.

I'm now 2 cars behind him (keeping a good distance) and he's all over the place behind a silver Alfa, then he's next to it with cars coming towards it, hammer waving. Then the crazy moffo goes up onto the path and moves to the inside of the Alfa, hammer swinging towards it but missing, at this point I was already on the phone to the police.

We approach a junction, Alfa turns quickly but Focus is going too fast, next thing I know he's doing a handbrake turn in front of a queue of cars and heading after him again.... who knows what happened next....

Anyway I reported it, gave numberplates, description of incident, road names etc, they took my address but are they likely to get back in touch?

Given the speed of the cars and the slow response of the police (I was in the office when they went flying past) I'm presuming they won't have found them unless someone else reported it or they crashed.... there was no way I was following them though, I like Starsky and Hutch / CSI etc but a bacon sarnie and a coffee is more important to me.

The odd thing was that the Alfa was miles in front of the car chasing him, he really had to make an effort to catch up, it wasn't as if they were near each other until at least a mile or two down the road, the Alfa must have been in front of me for a while (stuck behind a tractor) so the Focus kind of came from nowhere.

do you think he was a carpenter and did not get paid:D

which one???? the bloke who sang in the 70's or someone who works with wood? if it was a large hammer, then could well be the Viking God Thor, did he have a big beard and wearing a helmet with horns on it.. Sounds like a right nutter, I would have done the same

Anyway I reported it, gave numberplates, description of incident, road names etc, they took my address but are they likely to get back in touch?

Did you just ring up the local police station, as i could have done with reporting some nutter the other day, it was a left hand drive bmw on foreign plates weaving in and out of cars, driving really eratic! I was actually scared of driving around him, you just dont know what there gonna do next!

Michael,

Where was this and any chance of the nutters reg? It'd be nice to know when not to call someone a wanker etc.

It was between Middleton(ish) and Wakefield Rd heading towards Leeds - I can't remember the numberplate now but it was an '06 and the last 3 letters were CNC (I think).

You'd be able to recognise him, just look for the hammer :)

(He was a scrawny looking lanky thing)

• 7 months later...
Anything resulted from this Michael?

No, the hotest female officer I've ever seen came one weekend and took a statement though so it was worth reporting it for that alone.

When I spoke with them they said the car with the mentalist in was owned by an old bloke (was a young chap driving) and wasn't reported stolen. The Alfa driver hadn't reported anything and they had no accidents in the area that morning. I guess I was the only person who considered a hammer waving nutjob worthy of a call to the police too.

Dude, I'd have so called the police as well. I can't understand why people don't. I've reported about 2 things a year on average, even stuff that most people wouldn't give a second glance to :shrug:

eg. I drove past a car parked by a forest entrace at about 7:30pm one wednesday night, nothing odd about that as people walk their dogs around such areas in norfolk. It was still there at 11:30pm on my way home... That was odd, so I called it in. Never mind a hammer wielding loony :)

Good work fella, shame other people are such ostriches.

-Ian