The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My UK Single Turbo UK Spec For Sale! :o(

Peter P

Hey Guys (Paul especially!!)

Wasn't having a go hence the ;) (I know you've been busy mate and I do of course know you will be there to help so don't get your knickers in a twist!!)

Rolling road sounds like a plan as it would be great to find out what your hard work and my cash has produced! May help with the sale as well if I can put a dyno sheet up to show what the car can do.

Agree with you on the price but I need to get moving on the house front as it's getting awkward at home so not ideal!

You know I was pulling your leg on the not backing me up front Paul (did get a post out of you from it though!!! :p ;) :D ).

Just cheesed off as not getting any descent offers! :search:

Sorry if you took offense as you should know I ALWAYS support you and Whifbitz and ALWAYS will mate!

Cheers and let me know with the rolling road format please.

All the best,

Pete :)

Sorry I couldn't speak for long earlier mate, I was out mapping Dazza's projected 1000bhp R32 GTR!

Spoke to the mag today about the rolling road shootout and all the cars have to be manual's I'm afraid, so unless we convert your car to manual thats yours out of the equation!

Cheers

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough Paul (don't think I have time for a manual conversion or the money for that matter so i'll be sitting this one out I guess!;) :D ).

Peeps have already said what needs saying iro the CAT C damage (thanks all). Would add I sold my Carbon Bonnet to Steve L who had Paul fit it for him and the gap is IDENTICAL so nothing out of place. This was UNDERINSURED plain and simple and that is why the car was classed as CAT C due to being uneconomical to repair. The damage was just to bolt on parts at the front of the car (no chassis damage whatsoever as suggested) all of which were replaced and have been upgraded since due to the single conversion (new rad, new intercooler etc). Even the headlamps are the proper UK spec glass ones not the cheaper more readily available plastic jobbies.

If anyone wants to view the car with a fine tooth comb please feel free as I have nothing to hide hence the honesty with declaring it when listing the ad to begin with.

Any further questions or more info please don't hesitate to contact me.

All the best,

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

Well it's gone VERY quiet since the last action on this thread with no enquiries at all! :( :search: :(

I've been totally honest about the spec and had loads of backing and support from the right peeps who know what the car is like and still...........................NOTHING!!!! :blink:

The price is fair at £11,500 (as you can see above people who know these cars have told me that is too low a price but I really could use the sale asap!) and the car is a really nice single UK car (how many UK single converted cars come up for sale?! not seen many since I joined the forum). All the mods are as new so not tired and old like most you get and I can assure anyone I'd hold on to this for a lot longer if I could but needs must!!!!!

If you need a closer look, test drive, more details then let me know please guys. If this doesn't work then it's going to go on Autotrader and that could mean a non-enthusiast buyer which I'd rather avoid as with a bit more money this could be a really gorgeous supe with all the right bits!

Come on peeps I know it's Christmas but there's always a loan available!! (trust me on that! hence my prediciment at the moment!!! ;) :D ).

I am closing the p/x offer as I can't justify the extra time trying to shift whatever it is as I already have a Celica ST202 I need to sell to raise the funds for my loan!

Cheers,

its a nice car and worth the money

but

your always going to be up against it with a cat c registered against it, i know it wasnt for much but its always going to hang over the car so who ever buys it will then have the same issues?

i think its just the stigma of it being registered bud? also prices are falling badly and the cost of tuning the likes of supras have fallen big time which again doesnt really help you in the sale :(

i would have been interested myself if it had been a manual but it only takes one person to look past the stigma and test the car and hand over a load of pound notes :)

Mike

Thanks Mike.

I know what you're saying about being registered but I do hope the club would be more understanding to the type of damage this related to. When you under insure something at a time when these were going for good money and parts were so thin on the ground it took a light front knock which only affected bolt-on parts which have all been replaced with new items so nothing structural is out of place or affected.

It does have a stigma but to look at and drive you'd be hard pushed to find any indication of damage as the car looks great and goes superbly with the single conversion Paul did.

Fingers crossed the right person will come along and realise that yes it's registered but for what you're paying you get a lot of car which is priced accordingly for that reason, if it wasn't registered, I'd be asking for more as UK single converted cars are thin on the ground.

The insurance should also be a big factor to potential buyers as i'm 26 with all mods declared and insured for just £600 a year fully comp! :) ;) :) not bad if you ask me!!!!

Thanks for your opinion though and i'll just see what happens I guess as I can't go any lower on the price to be honest.

All the best,

I think its also the fact that its already difficult to justify spending alot of money on a 10 year old + toyota but its a niggle in the back of your mind that is always going to be there, personally it wouldnt bother me, as long as the owner knows the history and you get it checked and the fact that the price reflects this, which yours does then i dont see a problem.

It will sell mate but its a bad time of the year as well so if you dot need the money i would forget about the car and re advertise it in spring and stick a few grand on it then ;)

That's probably the way forward I guess.

Thanks Mike.

P.s - Knew I recognised the username, used to be a 300zx owner with the Zed forum!! small world! :) :D

If I do hold on to it the only problem in someways is I KNOW i'll spend more money on it!!!!!!!! ;) :D

That's probably the way forward I guess.

Thanks Mike.

P.s - Knew I recognised the username, used to be a 300zx owner with the Zed forum!! small world! :) :D

If I do hold on to it the only problem in someways is I KNOW i'll spend more money on it!!!!!!!! ;) :D

;)

tell me about it :D

Not happy to do it but needs must so price reduced to £10,500ono.

Would at least hope someone out there will see the true value for money this level of tuned Supe is worth and see a bargain worth taking up!

No more timewasters though pls guys i.e p/x's, really interested but want a manual etc etc! Paul Whiffin does some awesome manual TT and Single Supes (only ones he gets from Japan infact) and for the spec/backup his prices are superb.

Any interest to anyone drop me a PM.

I can confirm this WILL NOT drop again as I simply can't justify the point in making a sale for so much less than I owe the bank!! Might as well keep the car and have something worth having than sell it for a big loss and be no closer to getting my loan paid off and moving into my own house.

Thanks guys.

Not happy to do it but needs must so price reduced to £10,500ono.

Would at least hope someone out there will see the true value for money this level of tuned Supe is worth and see a bargain worth taking up!

No more timewasters though pls guys i.e p/x's, really interested but want a manual etc etc! Paul Whiffin does some awesome manual TT and Single Supes (only ones he gets from Japan infact) and for the spec/backup his prices are superb.

Any interest to anyone drop me a PM.

I can confirm this WILL NOT drop again as I simply can't justify the point in making a sale for so much less than I owe the bank!! Might as well keep the car and have something worth having than sell it for a big loss and be no closer to getting my loan paid off and moving into my own house.

Thanks guys.

I hate you ;) its now at a price which i could have afforded!! but i have done a deal and left a deposit on a bloody mx5 for the wife now :(

I have just said to her if she will be ok driving her micra for a few more months but i wont say what her response was :innocent:

Bit gutted as i could have overlooked the fact it was an auto but im sure someone will snap it up at that price

Good luck mate and if she gives in i will be the first to let you know :D

Cheers fella!

I can't believe how bad it's got and YES I realise the Cat C superficial damage is possibly putting some peeps off but even the clean/no damage cars at between £6 - £9k aren't shifting!!! :( :(

I can still remember when I was with the forum back in 1999 and Tim was selling the majority of Supes at JIC and you'd have been laughed off the forecort if you asked to buy a TT for less than £12k! Think the n/a versions were going for £7-£8K!! :( :blink:

A single converted car was sooo rare and was worth twice the price + what I am looking to recoup!

Still not happy to have to sell but on the upside it's bottomed out as far as price so if it doesn't go then i'm stuck with it! ;) :D

Not going to be a solution to my home / moving out issues but guess I'll try crossing that bridge when I come to it!

Seems even with LOADS of positive comments from peeps including the main man and ace mechanic/supe guru Paul Whiffin I still can't find a buyer!

Happy Christmas! Bah! Humbug - unless someone buys my car that is!! :search: ;) :D

You're probably right mate.

If it was me though i'd be looking to buy now as it is wet and horrible so can get a car like mine for less than in the summer and do the few other things to it ready for the summer.

It doesn't need anything doing as such but if it was me i'd be doing the FPR and bigger injectors + maybe a full ECU replacement etc to get an amazing spec.

If someone buys it for £10.5K then spends say £2/3K on top they would have a really quick superb spec UK Supe.

Even by just running it as is, the car flys in contrast to the hybrids I had to start with and with the low mileage engine I had fitted it should be ultra reliable mechanically as well.

Why buy a stock TT when you can get a good single setup Supe for a bit more?! The bits alone are worth thousands on mine! :(

This is a really good car and i'm not just saying that as others have vouched for the way this drives and it is a real beast!! :D

BUMP!!!

Last chance at £10,000 (further £500 off! :( )

WILL NOT go lower and no room to haggle so let me know if interested.

Will be kept till spring/summer if no interest generated this last time.

Cheers and all the best,

For those new to the thread, that's now £2,500 off the original asking price hence NO OFFERS or HAGGLING.

BUMP!!!

Last chance at £10,000 (further £500 off! :( )

WILL NOT go lower and no room to haggle so let me know if interested.

Will be kept till spring/summer if no interest generated this last time.

Cheers and all the best,

For those new to the thread, that's now £2,500 off the original asking price hence NO OFFERS or HAGGLING.

lovely car,too cheap buddy,somebody is going to get a bargain here!!!:(

Needs must guys and if I keep it I KNOW i'll give in to temptation and spend more money on it!!! ;) :D

Need to move nearer to my other half as well as it's killing me having a long distance relationship and with the loan still to pay, I can't afford to move out from my folks and pay the rent etc so could do with the perfect xmas gift about now i.e being able to tell her I can move down that way!! :)

Young love eh! :rolleyes: ;) :D

Thanks for the comments guys and yes it's too cheap and yes someone will get an absolute bargain but not if no one shows any interest! :search: :(

All the best,

MKIV pricing is all over the place at the moment. want to be owners, (not all) want hi spec for standard car prices and standard TT's for the same money as N/A's. Most dont have a clue about the investment that goes into a modded car. I know you dont expect to get your money back, but too be honeest some people expect some things for nothing.

Needs must guys and if I keep it I KNOW i'll give in to temptation and spend more money on it!!! ;) :D

Need to move nearer to my other half as well as it's killing me having a long distance relationship and with the loan still to pay, I can't afford to move out from my folks and pay the rent etc so could do with the perfect xmas gift about now i.e being able to tell her I can move down that way!! :)

Young love eh! :rolleyes: ;) :D

Thanks for the comments guys and yes it's too cheap and yes someone will get an absolute bargain but not if no one shows any interest! :search: :(

All the best,

Have you had any interest at all ?

Nothing solid on the interest front sadly!

Did get a couple of p/x offers but can't really afford to go down that line without it being a cheap p/x as I need the money to pay the loan.

Did get one possible but although the car was a gr8 spec, he wanted a manual! Did mention you can do a conversion if you can find the donor parts but I guess from the lack of further contact he decided not to go ahead with it.

Apart from that nothing! :( Haven't even had anyone view it yet as even although the pics look good, in the flesh it looks the danglies especially with the bonnet up to show off that shiny engine bay and single tubby! ;) :D

I know the price is too low really and i'm losing out but really do need to sort the bank out and move on. Not my choice but no luck with the lottery and no unknown inherritance due to cover it, needs must! :(

Pete

I spoke to Paul Whiffin about this and sourcing the parts you would need sounds like the biggest hurdle. The cost of the conversion itself weren't that unreasonable from memory.

Best bet is to drop Paul an e-mail and find out the gory details from him.

Cheers,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.