The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My UK Single Turbo UK Spec For Sale! :o(

Peter P

Hi Guys and Girls,

The sad day has come when I need to fly the parental nest again and get a place of my own so can't justify the cost of my Supe! :( Whilst i'll be gutted to let it go i'm still only 26 so in a few years when I've got a few more pennies to play with i'll be back for a nice late model Supe as these cars are awesome!!

Right the nitty gritty bit!

Tech Spec as follows:

==================

Approx 550HP - currently running a max of 1.5bar due to stock UK spec injectors (550cc jobbies!) and could do with a FPR to be safe, although it runs superbly as it is.

- Whifbitz Single turbo conversion comprising of GT35R roller bearing turbo, stainless steel manifold, 50mm external wastegate and 3" steel downpipe.

- Apexi AVC-R Boost Controller

- AEM AFR Gauge

- Greddy Turbo Timer (wired around the alarm)

- Toyota Immobiliser + Full Clifford Concept 650 Cat 1 with certificate

- Walbro Uprated Fuel Pump

- HKS Super Powerflow Induction Kit

- Whifbitz FMIC

- Whifbitz Uprated Radiator

- Apexi N1 Evo exhaust, fullly de-catted + downpipe

- Greddy E-Manage Blue mapped bu Whifbitz

- HKS SSQV BOV

- Whifbitz Engine Oil Cooler Kit

- Whifbitz Auto Transmission Cooler Kit

- HKS Iridium Spark Plugs

- Whifbitz Carbon Cam Cover

- Whifbitz Silver Underdrive Pulley Kit]

- Twin Spal Uprated Whifbitz Fan Kit

- Whifbitz Carbon Radiator Cooling Plate

- Highly Polished Cam Covers, Intake Plenum & Throttle Body

- UK Spec Brakes (obviously!!) with Uprated Porterfield R4S pads

- Braided Goodridge Brake Lines with Motul 5.1 Brake Fluid

- Tein Front & Rear Strut Braces (rear needs fitting, may be done before buyer collects)

- 19" Wheelmania Pacific Alloys with tyres (rear are nearly new Goodyear Eagle F1's as supplied by Paul Whiffin)

- Stillen Aftermarket Front Bumper

- Toyota Side and Rear Skirts

- Clear Front & Side Indicators

- HID Headlight conversion

Will either have the Alpine CD player for the asking price or can have the 6" touch screen TV/DVD unit I bought but haven't finished fitting for an additional £450.

- Interior is untorn cream UK leather front & rear (as shown in the pics to come!)

There is probably more to list but that's a fair starting point for everyone interested and i'll add anything elsa I can think of!

The car is apparently registered as a CAT C write-off according to Robert aka Rallure who I bought the car from back in January this year. The story is this was once Dude's car and was on loan to someone who underinsured it on a TPF&T policy and then shunted the front end. There are NO signs of damage and everything lines up as Toyota intended so would seem it was just bumper, slam panel, headlights etc but at the time and with the low value they insured it for, it was an uneconomical write-off. I'm being totally upfront about this as it should be known to the potential new owner but the condition speaks for itself and I'd be suprised if anyone would know looking at it.

I've invested a pot load of cash into this since buying it to the tune of over £10K plus the cost of the car back in January and whilst I expect to make a loss (you do when you modify these sadly!!) I am not giving it away either!

Sensible offers are welcome but I want £12,500ovno which for a well setup as new UK spec is a bargain IMHO (yes I know I would say that but it's true!).

Steve L and Paul Whiffin both know this car and both can vouch for the care and attention I have given it since I bought it. Steve L is being kind enough to upload some pics for me soon so people can see the car although anyone at the recent Japnight at Ace Cafe will have seen the car with it's bonnet up proudly showing off the single conversion Paul so expertly installed.

Any queries that are sensible at least! (;) ) please call me on my mobile: 07734 994867 or my work no: 0207 780 5659. Alternatively leave me a PM and i'll be in touch asap.

The only reason I need to sell is my folks retired and are moving away from the commuter belt and working in London, I can't do the same!! This is a really nice streetable Supe with good base mod's and awesome to drive I assure you! There are still lots of things the new owner could do as there always is with these but for say £20,000 you would have an amazing setup!

Thanks for looking and the pics will be along shortly!

All the best,

Pete :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres the pics...

If anyone is interested I can email larger images directly.

Just PM me or Peter P and magical emailley things will happen :)

This is a very cared for car, pulls like the preverbial train and would definately be a very good buy for someone wanting the single route.

Pete's haemorrhaged money on this since he bought it!, and its a shame he's gotta let it go.

Just an update.

The car is on a 7 day hold for Robert as discussed/agreed via PM yesterday.

However, on the off chance it falls through can anyone wanting to show an interest STILL contact me so I can get in touch with you.

This needs to go to a good loving home sooner rather than later as I'd ideally like to be in my new place before Christmas so need to get things in order.

It is gutting to have to sell the car as I have spent a small fortune making it soo damn good and Paul Whiffin has been awesome doing everything and sorting it all out for me! ;) :D

Don't panic Paul i'm still young and when I get my next one it'll be from you and will be a manual this time!! I'll be back!!!!!! ;) :D :d

Cheers all,

• 2 weeks later...

Would seem things have changed for Robert so he is not able to secure this as originally planned.

If you are seriously interested please PM or e-mail me or call to discuss further.

The car needs a good home, I need the money to sort things out and I'm willing to consider any sensible offers but not get ripped off as the parts in the car are new and worth most of the price on their own!

Sorry for anyone who tried contacting me but my mobile went on the blink and I lost my voicemails so please call again if you need to discuss anything.

Thanks.

Peter :)

Hi all,

As I said this is still available and in need of a good home. If anyone is interested or wants any further information can they get in touch please.

The price is pretty firm and is IMHO fair for the work / level of tune the car is at. All the work was done by Paul Whiffin and Daz over at Whifbitz who I imagine would be willing to backup the costs involved and the overall spec of the car.

If any pics supplied so far don't show enough detail of something please PM or post up what you want and i'll get it done for you.

Being a UK spec (seem to fetch between £8 - 12K for a stock version with similar mileage although as mentioned this has a low mileage recon lump fitted and supplied by Whifbitz a couple of months ago when the brand new single kit was installed) and having the uprated turbo setup, uprated cooling systems inc new intercooler, uprated radiator, spal fans, oil coolers etc plus things like the AEM gauge and carbon cam cover etc - £12.5K ono seems reasonable to me.

If you want to make an offer though let me know as I do need to get this done asap and move house so anything will be considered.

Thanks for the interest so far and kind words from those who know the car and the money I've put into it.

All the best,

Can't believe this hasn't been snapped up....

Believe me, this is a very well looked after car thats looking for another passionate owner.

For this kinda money - if I had it I'd bite Petes arm off for it!

Having been in this car and driven it ( nicely :) ), its the perfect blend of cruiser/blaster for someone who wants an everyday driver OR weekend car.

This is a car that can be bought and used without any additional expenditure at the current spec.

Sales pitch over...

If this doesn't go soon - I'm gonna have to take a visit and start px'ing parts :D :d

Cheers Rob & Steve L for the kind words.

Come on peeps this has had over 1,000 views and no solid offers to date!! :(

I know it's winter now and Christmas is coming but I still challenge anyone to find a clean UK TT, modify it to the same spec as mine and have change from £12.5K! You would struggle I assure you especially if you were paying labour for fitting, mapping, setup etc.

Still available and still willing to consider offers but please be aware I need the money to clear my loan plain and simple so if it's a p/x + cash offer I will be brutal iro value as the market seems slow at the moment with some incredible cars going for very little money.

This isn't personal and I don't intend to knowingly offend anyone but I'd rather keep the car and stay in debt to the bank for now than swap/sell this car for silly money as there is really no point.

If anyone needs more info or is seriously interested get in touch and test drives are a possibility if required.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Price reduced to £11,500 ovno

All I can tell you is Paul Whiffin has proof of what I put into this car since January (i.e no parts i've fitted are older than 10 months so as new) and it comes to that amount on it's own!!!!!! :blink:

You are basically getting a free car and i'm losing a fair few grand!! This is not for the faint hearted I assure you! If you look on the Whifbitz thread you will see Paul has quoted this as the best auto streetable single turbo Supe he's EVER driven!!!!!! That is praise indeed!

There are a few small odd jobs that could be done to make nearer mint but don't forget this is a UK car (cheaper insurance and higher spec than J-Spec), is 12 years old and has had HUGE amounts of money spent mechanically to make a very quick Supe. This is NOT a trailer queen and is driven as it should be so if you want mint spend the £18-20K you need to and wrap it in bubble wrap and have fun looking at it every day! ;) :D

Paul hasn't said ANYTHING for me yet which is a bit dissappointing as i'd hoped he would back me up with the money spent etc but Steve L has done that (maybe this is what happens when you stop being a paying customer?! ;) ).

Anyways any queries please let me know and we can go from there.

Viewing / Test drive recommended (bring spare undies!!! ;) :D )

Cheers and all the best,

Sorry for not getting on to this one sooner, been soooo busy with work, haven't had 5 minutes spare.

I personally would hold out on the price, you'll sell it for at least £12500, just got to wait for the right person to come along. And just because your not spending money with me anymore doesn't mean we are not mates, not sure why you made that comment?

Play the waiting game anyway, unless your desperate of course?

Fancy coming along to a rolling road shootout for Jap Performance magazine in the next 2 weeks? Going to be running 5 cars for bhp comparisons.

Cheers

Hey Guys (Paul especially!!)

Wasn't having a go hence the ;) (I know you've been busy mate and I do of course know you will be there to help so don't get your knickers in a twist!!)

Rolling road sounds like a plan as it would be great to find out what your hard work and my cash has produced! May help with the sale as well if I can put a dyno sheet up to show what the car can do.

Agree with you on the price but I need to get moving on the house front as it's getting awkward at home so not ideal!

You know I was pulling your leg on the not backing me up front Paul (did get a post out of you from it though!!! :p ;) :D ).

Just cheesed off as not getting any descent offers! :search:

Sorry if you took offense as you should know I ALWAYS support you and Whifbitz and ALWAYS will mate!

Cheers and let me know with the rolling road format please.

All the best,

I think I remember this car, saw it a couple of times outside Dude's shop.

I agree that there is a serious risk of any future buyer being sceptical when HPI throws out "cat C" and will demand a hefty discount.

I could be wrong of course.

my supra is a cat c and has been a gem of a car. dont be put off the car "is what it is" if its straight and full of new parts(rads ,intercooler etc) then i think its a bonus .cat c does not mean chassis bent it means the insurers chose not to repair.my particular car had panal damage and headlights yet still drove fine and was bought as salvage for £5500 only 2 1/2 years ago which shows the limit of the damage.the result was a mint 47k mile full history uk spec car for under £9 k this a year ago when such cars were 12+ k . dont be put off just pay £2 k less than you think its worth if it wasnt demonized.

prehaps i am biased

anyway good luck with the sale looks like a great car

my supra is a cat c and has been a gem of a car. dont be put off the car "is what it is" if its straight and full of new parts(rads ,intercooler etc) then i think its a bonus .cat c does not mean chassis bent it means the insurers chose not to repair.my particular car had panal damage and headlights yet still drove fine and was bought as salvage for £5500 only 2 1/2 years ago which shows the limit of the damage.the result was a mint 47k mile full history uk spec car for under £9 k this a year ago when such cars were 12+ k . dont be put off just pay £2 k less than you think its worth if it wasnt demonized.

prehaps i am biased

anyway good luck with the sale looks like a great car

Very good point made ... this is what it is, a very well put together single converted uk car, with a lot of money spent to produce a very usable motor. Its fairly priced considering its a cat C , so theres no reason to be worried.

The car is straight - otherwise all the previous owners and people who have worked on it would have noticed!

I'm sure, by asking the right questions to the right people on here who've either owned or seen this car - the right answers will be found.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.