The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I think I actually hate my car!!!!!!

how_supra

I say if you want a supra TT get your backside out and buy one!;) Thats what i did. I had an RX8 that i part ex for it and i managed to get the deal i wanted so i took it and im so pleased that i did. If you have to save afew quid to get it then do just that, you defo will not regret it.

Cool, I'd rather save some of it to be honest, having been down the 100% finance route in the past its never worked out well. :p

If my car was more reliable, it wouldn't be such a problem.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do not get a prelude

well its either that, something sensible like an old mondeo, or I keep fixing my fto. Unless I find a nice NA.

Glad you liked it...

BTW: how much would you get for your FTO?

Dealers have offered me £1800 in PX for my FTO. Which is about on the money

Sounds like a normal FTO to me! My mates was exactly the same, forever replacing bits which make Supra parts look cheap.

I think the key question is How much to you have to spend on a replacement car?

Oh and forgot to say sorry to hear of the problems.. cars, who needs em?

Sounds like a normal FTO to me! My mates was exactly the same, forever replacing bits which make Supra parts look cheap.

I think the key question is How much to you have to spend on a replacement car?

Oh and forgot to say sorry to hear of the problems.. cars who needs em?

Depends on whether I sell the fto and get a go between or px it in for an NA. I have about £1k equity in my FTO. I could easily buy a go between with £1k. Otherwise I am looking up to £5k at the moment for a longer term car

Cool, I'd rather save some of it to be honest, having been down the 100% finance route in the past its never worked out well. :p

If my car was more reliable, it wouldn't be such a problem.

I got a personal loan when i got my RX8 and got alot better deal than I was offered on any finance. Best thing i could say is work out what you can afford and what you want to pay etc so you can get what you want, now get saving :)

With the budget (and keeping the 'sensible' head on), if i were in your shoes get a 'normal' run around until you can afford the car you're really after. Do not buy something with any performance as you know what'll happen :p (i.e shiney and aftermarket bits start getting bought ;) )

Knowing Sabrina the "Inbetween car" will not last at all. She's done this before and will change it a month or 2 down the line. She is VERY fickel about her car and in the 2 1/2 years we've been going out she has changed her car more times than i can remember. Puma, Polo, Laguna, Fto........ It's just a complete waste of money really.

It's a shame Sabrina relies on her car because it would have been better to sell the FTO privatly to get a few extra quid in her pocket and then buy the Supra or Evo that she really wants.

Knowing Sabrina the "Inbetween car" will not last at all. She's done this before and will change it a month or 2 down the line. She is VERY fickel about her car and in the 2 1/2 years we've been going out she has changed her car more times than i can remember. Puma, Polo, Laguna, Fto........ It's just a complete waste of money really.

It's a shame Sabrina relies on her car because it would have been better to sell the FTO privatly to get a few extra quid in her pocket and then buy the Supra or Evo that she really wants.

Yeah, 1800 isnt a lot for the FTO - didnt realise that they were going for that much.

You can get a decent 4th gen prelude for that price or slightly more.

And that is definetely in the Supra NA territory, as you know buddy, for a good Supra TT, you will need to quadruple that at a bare minimum

Actually yes the Polo was a mistake, the Puma was okay, but to be fair the Laguna was only supposed to be an inbetween car and I was only going to keep it until the following summer, which I actually did. In which time I managed to save up half of the money for the FTO, which was the whole point of getting an inbetween car. So it really depends on how you look at it as to whether or not its a waste of money. :D

How supra,.

i know exactly how you feel honestly,

my last car was an Rs turbo and every single week something went wrong with it,.

the first warning i had was after 3 months it needed an engine rebuild...

after that it was welding here and there,. doors wouldnt open.. or close...needed a new radiator.. tyres had constant slow pounctures..all the time.,

the list is very long but suffice to say i know what you mean,

my advice would be get rid and get another ;)

How supra,.

i know exactly how you feel honestly,

my last car was an Rs turbo and every single week something went wrong with it,.

the first warning i had was after 3 months it needed an engine rebuild...

after that it was welding here and there,. doors wouldnt open.. or close...needed a new radiator.. tyres had constant slow pounctures..all the time.,

the list is very long but suffice to say i know what you mean,

my advice would be get rid and get another ;)

My engine blew up within the first few months as well. LOL