The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I think I actually hate my car!!!!!!

how_supra

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad luck Sabrina/Rosie.

If it makes you feel any better, yes Supra's are far more reliable but No mine has also been terrible in terms of ' bad luck'.

Run down.......

Bought her in July 2006.

July 2006 - Broke down on the way home and immobiliser kicked in. Luckily I had a mechanic with me and the trusty manual.

July 2006 - The morning I was about to take her to service, car was keyed down the bonnet and rear quarter. (Cost £680 to respray)

August 2006 - Had her serviced at the cost of £1,034.69 exactly.

August 2006 - Someone illegally tries to sell my car on ebay. Police get involved, an unfortunate 'buyer' (although he clearly isn't the owner!) loses £3,000 and others may have also been conned. This guy turns up on my doorstep after police 'accidently' give out my address.

August/September 2006 - Attend Midlands Gumball (First ever event) - end up crashing at around 30mph because of the sh*te TC and rain and I am expecting a nice bill. :( New intercooler that was fitted in July 2006 is damaged badly and new one is needed. Not sure on other damage yet. Alloy was repaired at cost of £60 with new tyre so not all bad.

So, yes a Supra is more reliable, but if you have bad luck with cars it could continue I'm afraid Sabrina! ;)

I'd still get a Supra though!

Greg

Yeah Chilli lucky to say the least mate!

In fact, it's made me seriously think about getting rid of the Sup. The attention is great, the drive unmatched and the thrill unrivalled, as is the high cost associated with replacement parts (J-spec) and the problems I have because of it's status.

Yeah Chilli lucky to say the least mate!

In fact, it's made me seriously think about getting rid of the Sup. The attention is great, the drive unmatched and the thrill unrivalled, as is the high cost associated with replacement parts (J-spec) and the problems I have because of it's status.

Im at that very breaking point now, I have had had enough, but the trouble is, moving to a more sensible car, feels sort of like a step backwards. :blink:

Sabrina

If you really want a TT, then don't get an N/A and wish you'd bought the TT 6 months down the line :(

It's probably worth either getting it fixed, keeping what you've got, and saving for a TT, or just cutting your losses with the FTO and getting a loan for a TT.

If you get a loan over a long period the repayments wont be too bad but look for one that you can repay early without penalty, then if you're feeling a bit flush you can knock a grand or so off it every so often, to reduce the term.

Im at that very breaking point now, I have had had enough, but the trouble is, moving to a more sensible car, feels sort of like a step backwards. :blink:

A sensible car, at your age, what are you thinking :D

I'm probably close to twice your age, and I'm nowhere near even considering a sensible car :) Personally I can't ever see me changing, but maybe when I'm 75+ I may start to settle down :rlol:

Just get the TT, you know you want to :D

LOL I have very specific requirements so the supra needs to be the one I want, and not just any one. You won't understand you're a boy.

Yes, I'm innocent, are you wanting to take my innocence away :sex:

Watch it cause my GF will have something to say about that.... :hang:

Do you want my FTO? :p

NO WAY, I used to have them for breakfast and that was with my Honda Prelude.....:slap:

NO WAY, I used to have them for breakfast and that was with my Honda Prelude.....:slap:

Well my FTO is special and will probably leave the prelude for dust..........[ah no hang on, nah it won't because its ghey]

I really fancy a prelude as an inbetween car. Cheap as chips on autotrader and ebay.......:eyebrows:

I really fancy a prelude as an inbetween car. Cheap as chips on autotrader and ebay.......:eyebrows:

2.2Vti....UKDM or JDM (JDM comes with LSD)

Lovely machines....I used to have a 5th Gen

http://www.zen26392.zen.co.uk/Prelude%20Pics/slides/DVC00004.jpg

Im quite tempted by this one

I know its not a VTI but its a bargain

I've always had a thing for Preludes. Yours is nice. :D

Looks like a Bargain + its very close to me :D

Rear bumper doesnt fit right.

Bit of rust near the rear arch.

Then again, its £800 so the condition probably warrants that. 60K on a K REG - 1993 is a bit suspect