The mkiv Supra Owners Club

North Korea

Kip

What's important is that the total number of nuclear weapons in the world is decreasing.

yes this can only be a good thing. There is a serious risk just in having them around, statistically although unlikely, one could malfunction so the less there are around the better.

I don't know guys. What I do know is that I don't like the media spin. Hopefully, the UN acts and it all gets resolved peacefully.

yeah I agree, the spin they (and the Governments) put on these things is crazy. Any excuse to justify a cause.

Apparently the N.Koreans were over the moon because propaganda has led them the believe the US/west was planing to invade them and so this justifies their nuclear weapons development to the masses. Spin and propaganda to create a justification so they can do what they want to

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes some countries have nukes, and some don't and want them and others seek the friendship of those that have to protect them.

Unfortunately I personally can see no end to this until national borders are scrapped and people realize that we only have the one planet to live one.

However I don't think this will happen because there is no compelling reason to make our rulers ( and I do mean rulers and not elected representatives because they do not represent us) band together and consider such a far out notion of scrapping borders and considering the whole world as one people.

Money and power (which is money again)will ensure that borders remain and governments do the bidding of the the power brokers. Lets face it most government representatives are on the governing bodies of the major companies so where do you really think their loyalties lie.

Anyway enough rambling, going to get some grub.

abandoning borders is a nice idea but there are so many different cultures, laws, traditions etc that it would be impossible

having this cultural diversity is part of what makes the world an amazing place.

in an ideal world maybe we could all live together with common laws etc but I just can't see it happening for a long long time if ever

Looks like china are finally starting to make noises. Bit worrying that really as it can only mean that there is almost 100% chance that the weapon is developed to the testing stage. As I now understand it the reason that neither China nor South Korea have done much so far is their fear of a massive refugee problem should they impose heavy sanctions and widespread possible loss of lives as a result.

On an aside note the world powers can easily afford to scrap a few nukes here and there as ultimately all you really need is enough to blow the entire planet to bits one time over instead of the calculated loads of times over that we used to have.