The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi Flow Filter

fisherjohn

Has anyone who is running uprated fuelling using a high flow fuel filter.

The stock filter is quite small.

I notice on the US upgraded cars they are using hi flow filters.

My reason for asking is that my car with 720 cc injectors, walbro 341 pump, Aeromotive FPR at 43 psi, and 12.8 volts at pump at idle is running lean at the top end when mapping no matter how much fuel is thrown at the car.

Also is there an electrical fitment for raising the voltage to the fuel pump so it can be adjusted say to receive 14 volts at idle and more voltage when running hard.

My fuel rail is a Titan and is fed with size 8 delivery hose to one end of the rail, the other end is blanked, and the return 6 hose is fitted in the centre of the rail between number 3 and 4 injectors.

I am beginning to think that the fuel should be delivered to both ends and return from the centre to keep pressure equal at high demand.

I am also running the AEM ECU and i can report that my car is an auto, and at present we do not have overdrive, the gear change is only 1, 2, and in drive going into 3rd.

Would it also be possible to run the walbro 341 with the stock fuel pump as a dual system, although i would have thought the single walbro 255 ltr per hr was enough.

Any comments i would welcome, i am not a mechanic and could do with any opinions / expertise you guys could throw my way.

Guest Terry S

Do you have -8 from the tank to the filter, or just from the filter to the rail? Aeromotive do a good -10 filter but you'd need to reduce it. You could feed both ends of the rail and T into an end feed for the return.