The mkiv Supra Owners Club

t61 v t67 DBB

stupra

No the T67 DBB should be at full boost at 3700-3800...the T61 on my VVTi used to get there at about 3400.

Oh right, cheers Alex. So a DBB t67 will be on full boost a couple of hundred RPM before the second turbo on a standard set up comes on song. Would the DBB t67 be to laggy on an auto box without a high stall ?, and would the 300 or so differance in full boost be that noticable on the road ?.

Would the DBB t67 be to laggy on an auto box without a high stall ?

mate dont be scared of the hi-stall i have a T61 with a 3200 hi-stall and car is absolutely tranformed, it isn't to revvy from the lights when cruising but when you plant your right foot it flys defo one of the best mods i have done

Paul Mac has recently upgraded to a BL autobox. He has a T61. If he sees this - perhaps he'll comment on his new upgrade .. and how long he ran with his stock box.

whoa we must have hit the submit at exactly the same time there mate, my stock box lasted about a year on the T61 it was still running but you could make a cup of tea waiting for it to up shift from 2nd to 3rd at high boost:D

A T67 would soon kill a stock auto box, T61 too if you are unlucky

i,m running a stock auto box with a t67 at 1.2 bar also with traction disabled and have no problems with the box i drive it very hard most days, still drives smooth like the day it was built:d

Cheers for the replies guys. Abs, what sort of revs are you at full boost at mate ?, an is the car laggy with the t67 ?. I was gonna go with a t61, but if the t67 DBB is on full boost by not much more than the t61, I might change my mind. Paul, the only reason I didn't want a high stall is because I don't know if I could live with the slipping you get with one, is it bad ?. Looks like i'd defo need a built or uprated box with the t67, an maybe with the t61 then.

Paul, the only reason I didn't want a high stall is because I don't know if I could live with the slipping you get with one, is it bad ?. Looks like i'd defo need a built or uprated box with the t67, an maybe with the t61 then.

i was exactly the same as you mate i really didn't fancy a high stall but when i went for the built box i thought the worst that can happen is i have to take the hi-stall off and sell it on the forum, i'me glad i got it i think a T61 and a 3200 stall is the perfect combination with a T67 you may have to go to a 3600 stall (not sure), the 3200 is not to revvy you dont rev to 3200 to get moving its just a bit higher than stock, having driven the car with a stock stall and a hi-stall the difference from a performance point of view is very noticable with the hi-stall the car is much quicker both from a standing start and a rolling start, if you were going for a T67 (i struggle for traction on a T61 !) i would say you would deffo need a hi-stall or the lag would be shite

i was exactly the same as you mate i really didn't fancy a high stall but when i went for the built box i thought the worst that can happen is i have to take the hi-stall off and sell it on the forum, i'me glad i got it i think a T61 and a 3200 stall is the perfect combination with a T67 you may have to go to a 3600 stall (not sure), the 3200 is not to revvy you dont rev to 3200 to get moving its just a bit higher than stock, having driven the car with a stock stall and a hi-stall the difference from a performance point of view is very noticable with the hi-stall the car is much quicker both from a standing start and a rolling start, if you were going for a T67 (i struggle for traction on a T61 !) i would say you would deffo need a hi-stall or the lag would be shite

Cheers again Paul. Was just a thought I was running round in my head about the t67 DBB. I was more than impressed with Lee's, (BURTS) motor, so I think i'll stick with the t61 an maybe an uprated box. Cheers for the views on the high stall, i'll look into that a bit more I think, as it sounds that in your experiance it makes a big differance.

i've got the boost controller set to 1.2bar and its makes 1.2 bar at around 4000 rpm but must say its very lagging from a standing start point of view on standard stall. i will be upgrading to a high stall but keeping the standard box to see how much it will take:)

Should we quantify "full boost" here?

Someone may be thinking 1.2bar, others 1.4bar.

Some (like jamiep) might be thinking 1.8 bar!!

You also have to quantify what gear you are talking about.

T67DBB hits 1.2bar at 3400rpm... in 6th ;)

3700rpm in 5th

3900rpm in 4th

4400rpm in 3rd

And in 2nd gear it's around 5500rpm, but by then you'll be smoking the tyres so the data is meanginless haha :)

-Ian