The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chris Wilson Suspension set up

Kopite

This is gonna come off my car due to clearance issues with where i live - i can't get on my drive as the car is a bit low. Lovely ride with this and the stability is amazing. It will need to go back to Chris for fitting as it's car specific AFAIK, looking for £500 delivered.

Should incude the top mounts, i don't know much about what Chris does, will email him and ask. All i know is that they're meant to be revalved Konis, does the job VERY well though! Mileage - no idea, came with the car, all done within the last year and a bit and the cars only on 44000 miles so hardly anything i reckon.

I reset the geo to work well with the spring rates I use. They will work OK on an N/A, but the ride will be firmer and the front may ride about 5 mm higher than on the heavier TT. I no longer can buy suitable base unit Konis, so use Bilsteins, but both are a superb damper, and I could rebuild both makes, if they become worn. At 500 quid this is a cheap kit, I charge 1250 fitted and set up for new kits.

Chris, in your opinion what are better for a firm but more comfortable ride without being too low (if that's a possibility!)

Eibach and Bilsteins OR Teins Full

Cheers, Greg

PS - Have you managed to take a look at my car yet mate? ;)

I reset the geo to work well with the spring rates I use. They will work OK on an N/A, but the ride will be firmer and the front may ride about 5 mm higher than on the heavier TT. I no longer can buy suitable base unit Konis, so use Bilsteins, but both are a superb damper, and I could rebuild both makes, if they become worn. At 500 quid this is a cheap kit, I charge 1250 fitted and set up for new kits.

:thumbs: Thanks for the reply Chris

Chris, in your opinion what are better for a firm but more comfortable ride without being too low (if that's a possibility!)

Eibach and Bilsteins OR Teins Full

Cheers, Greg

Eibachs off the shelf springs are a bit too low, but good quality. IMO ther is absolutrly *NO* comparison between Bilsteins or Konis and Teins or HKS dampers, others may well disagree. C'est la vie.

Yes, but not to the full extent, my ramp packed up today, Laycock are coming in the morning to fix it (rip me off....???). You need at the very least new I/C pipes, ideally a new I/C. For now it looks as if chassis damage is cosmetic.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.