The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need For Speed: Carbon

GazzaGSi

Not a bad game but got boring as i learnt the driving physics as there was no challenge in the game.

Tupra is good but obviously not the best in the game.

Autosculpt is great but not enough kits to mod.

In general a great game with fantastic online play ( cos i beat everybody hands down)

police chases on par with hot persuit 2 but i little more mental!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

:helpsign:

thread resurrection... yes this game is a lot easier than it should be, but can't work out how to beat the final boss race in the canyon, any tips? I am in the lead all thru the second bit, but for some reason before i reach the finish line it all stops, saying I got beat?! WTF?

Also unlocked the supra a while back, I made it a spitting image of my own :D

I thought it was something like that, but I'm not sure how that scoring thing works either. Also I have no cash to buy a car, and if I re-do a race to win cash, the max I can win is $500?! In other NFS games you can re-do races and win the original amount again ie $20k or whatever...

I suppose I will have to do it in the Skyline and leave the supra in the garage :-(

I thought it was something like that, but I'm not sure how that scoring thing works either. Also I have no cash to buy a car, and if I re-do a race to win cash, the max I can win is $500?! In other NFS games you can re-do races and win the original amount again ie $20k or whatever...

I suppose I will have to do it in the Skyline and leave the supra in the garage :-(

If youre strapped for cash then id sell any cars you dont need and spend the lot on completely updating the performance mods on the best car you have. The Supra or GTR will do it if fully modded. Sell one of them and spend the money on the other. When you win you should have enough to buy the other back.

The scoring is funny. Basically the first round you chase him, the closer you are to him the quicker your score goes up, so its obviously best to stay right on his arse (but dont hit him). Even better is if you can get in front of him but thats hard on the boss. THe second round, he starts with your score and it counts down. Again the closer he is to you the quicker it counts down. So if it counts down to 0 before the end of the race then you lose.

Oh I get it now, thanks! Easier said than done mind! Any tips on the drifting events? I am crap at that, I can't even do the easiest one

Drifting was my favourite, its difficult to explain the technique though. Just dont be too heavy on the gas or youll end up facing the barriers, feather the throttle and the steering and youll get the hang of it. Other than that just try to do it as quickly as possible, you get more points that way.

Little touches on the gas and steering work the best for drift, don't try starting slow go in at max speed and just keep making minor adjustments to carry the drift through.

Time your transisitions right to keep the drift going and keep the score climbing, also get as close to the edge as possible without hitting it.

Was going to resurrect this thread myself. At 87% now and I was thinking, dont you think they leave it too long to unlock some of the decent motors? On the Stacked Deck territories now (done afew races) and still got like 6 cars to unlock. I think it would of been better to unlock cars more frequently as you go through the game. After the games 100% complete I probably wont play it again, yet there will more than likely be 4+ cars to unlock left or buy.

Canyon races are my favourite, Best one so far was with the lambo (where you unlock it) in the stacked deck terriotory. No lie, must of took me 20+ attempts. Kept overcooking it on the bends and flying off the cliff :D Great fun.

• 4 months later...

Whoo hoo, just completed career mode with a 350z fully customised although it's almost at the point of being impounded as it's been caught a fair few times :)

Sorry for the resurrection of an old thread and also a bit late in getting the game, enjoyed it but probably wouldn't play it through again.

Cartainly was hard, the last race against Darius took me a fair few attempts but I've been stuck against lesser cars for a lot longer. Just glad to have finally completed a game :D

Isnt there a new one out soon?

I have no idea, I only picked this up a couple of weeks ago and have been playing it on and off for about that time :)

I've still got the reward cards and challenge series to work through so still a way till I can say it's complete :)

that guy only got 1.6 mil drift. i know a guy who can top 3 mill... in a lambo :)

and by "know" i mean ive sat next to him and watched him do it. He also finished 2nd (almost won) a need for speed carbon time attack tournament in a lotus when everyone else was useing porches and lambo's etc. he is crazy good at that game. think he won a couple of grand for coming 2nd