The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need For Speed: Carbon

GazzaGSi

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blueangel

Gran turisimo was my fave game till the nfs series started getting good, i picked up Gt4 the other week loaded it up and started to play after about half hour i was bored its just the same old tracks and the same old game, at least nfs gives you freedom to roam.

I played the 360 demo a while back and to be honest I thought it was absolute gash... it's really put me off buying the full game.. I loved Most Wanted and was ready to love this one too.... but the frame rate was awful, the cars looked like they were hovering again...

Apparently there's a problem with the 360 demo, and it's not actually going to be like that.

Hi all, Ive got the game for PSP on 'backup' :whistle: and personally, its great. Really good fun.

Obviously its not the most realistic game out etc etc but I didnt really want it for that. Also, as in Most Wanted on the PSP - being different to the PS2, I think the same goes for this.

In the PSP, the story is roughly this:

Cut scene:

You own the city

You are challenged for your 'turf'

2 cars racing, 3rd car appears from nowhere and swipes you off the road killing someone close to you in the process.

6 months later you are out of hospital and you and your 'crew' own no turf.

Time to get it back.

Most wanted had the blacklist, you starting at 16. In this there are 15 pieces of turf to win back.

Also, the Supra is in the PSP version. In the PSP version of Most wanted it wasnt.

Around 20% complete at the minute, my next turf win unlocks the supra muhahaha :D cant wait!

Got it on my christmas list for PS2 :D

I downloaded the 360 demo. played it once and deleted it. absolute crap - won't bother buying it, even if the full version is much better. I also thought Most Wanted was a step back compared to Underground 2.

Test Drive Unlimited demo is pretty good, but I'm hoping Forza 2 cuts the mustard.

imho the best need for speed game was hot pursuit 2. Now that was awesome :thumbs:

lol, seriousley??? :) My dad lent me that one, I didn't like it... I guess I'm just used to the feel of underground 2...

I kind of agree that MW was a step back for the series, lack of customization was the biggest let down IMO... That's why I'm looking forward to NFSC looks a bit more like the original Undreground format I love.

Got it on PS2(HDloader backup ;))

Managed to take control of the Bushido turf, it now belongs to my crew "Monkey Fists" :D

I like the drift races, excellent fun though I havce not managed to unlock the Supra yet. I did however unlock the RX7.

My current car (RX8) is pretty tuned and looking the nuts in black :p

I am not sure about this crew stuff with a blocker or scout racing with you. I think I prefered to race without them as the blockers tend to block me more than the computer opponents!!!!

Managed to get an 11 x drift combo gave me somthing ridiculous like 73K points :D

I need to get the Supra!!!

PS3 price at £400 is fine remember that the PS2 was very nearly this price years ago and look at howmany they sold then. Not sure on the NFS series good fun yes but a bit too arcade for me. I would like to see the body kits put back into GT. I think it was the 2nd one where you could convert your car into the full race trim (if that car has ever been raced anywhere). So the Speed 12 got the Brit GT gear the MR2 got the 2000GT kit etc. I personaly buy race games for the AI and driving GTR2 may be my next perchase because of this, but then Medieval 2 is out next week.........oh the choises!

It does seem a bit too easy, I'm already at 70% and i've barely had it 2 days...

Has anyone unlocked the Supra?

My friend had it by 60% on the PC version but I'm onto the last set of teritories now and still no supra... Looks like you can complete the game without changing cars or hardly even tuning them :)

Driftings good fun though...

What a suprise, another need for speed game churned out by EA and it's shite.

I've just bagged a hooky copy to see how rubbish it is these days.

NFS4 Road Challenge was the peak of the series. Everything since then has been dumbed down and had features actually removed (probably for console owners' limited attention spans, curse you all). Hot Pursuit 2 had no traffic or hot pursuit in multiplayer mode :wtf:

-Ian

I managed to spend 2hrs on it last night and completed it and some more of the challenges, like hob I lost interest. Way too easy. Only tricky bit was the drift races really. However I remembered I had Tourist Trophy which I have not played too much. Now that is a challenge :D

That should not stop you. I got my expert license finished off this morning before going to the doc's. Plug it in and play :D

I think I might revisit tonight.. I got the licenses and did most of the races... but left a few so I could come back to it.. cracking little game, shame everyone's going 360 and forgetting about what the PS2 can do... still has the best games..