The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need For Speed: Carbon

GazzaGSi

Just got the demo for PS2 today so gonna give it a blast and will report back. Mags have gave it good previews so far and even if its more of the same from Most Wanted i'll be buying it as I was addicted to hell to that game.

Anyone know if there is a NFS:C demo for the PC available?

Cheers

Gaz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt seem too bad actually. However, I prefer driving in the daylight as on Most Wanted and the demo I played is all night driving. James is there a mixture of night/day missions do you know? I find it hard sometimes to see where to actually drive as it goes abit blurry when travelling fast!

The modification mode is excellent! It is virtually possible to have any spray job, bumpers, spoilers, rims etc you ever want. Very pleased with that.

Heres some vids on PS3 I found on IGN:

http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/826/826965/vids_1.html

Nice to see the Supra is still there :D Some awesome drifting too! (Its Canyon Drifting vid and Track Drifting Vid if anyone wants to just watch that one)

Cant find any vids for PS2 yet.

Gaz :)

• 1 month later...

There is a PC demo available, I tried to download it last night but then got distracted trying to figure out why I wasn't getting incoming bittorrent connections even though my router is configured correctly to forward the port :conf:

Finished most wanted, never played most wanted 2 though.

When did most wanted 2 come out??? Most wanted was only last year wasn't it???

The Demos look awesome :) shame I'm gonna play it on the PS2 :rolleyes:

sorry got confused, played underground but not most wanted.

I thought they were both most wanted for some reason there.

I played the 360 demo a while back and to be honest I thought it was absolute gash... it's really put me off buying the full game.. I loved Most Wanted and was ready to love this one too.... but the frame rate was awful, the cars looked like they were hovering again... just cheap old tat... they've obviously had another crack at drifting, but from what they had in the last 'Underground' installment.. anything would be an improvement...

..also on the XBox vs. 360 thing.. I have MW on the original XBox and then downloaded the demo when I got a 360 to see the differencewas...and the answer is very little..I think this particular series really needs to pull it's socks up... there really is nothing new to it at all... I'm just waiting for EA to start calling it N4S'06 and be done with it....

I'm *really* hoping I'm wrong on all of the above counts and that the full version is good.. I really think it was a huge mistake putting out that 360 demo...

Underground 2 was one of the most badly structured games ever...

Who else made the mistake of buying that second car, and then having no money to get the DVD cover to unlock the next bit? and then either having to start the game again or having to trawl around finding random people to race at $100 a time...? just awful.....

I'm obviously in an EA bashing kind of mood today... I just think we deserve better for our hard earned cash.. how can N4S sit next to Gran Turismo and Project Gotham..?! yeah, different games connected by 'driving', but how much better are they?!

I liked most wanted though I wish they had upgraded the drifting and got rid of the drag race as that is boring. Change lane and shift properly?!?!?! Zzzzz..

I like the structure of Most wanted but did like the way you could challenge other racers on the road on Underground when roaming around in free mode.

The other version of Most wanted was called black edition and something else on the Xbox.

The downhill drifting looks fun though on the new game.

So what's the score on the demo - good, bad or ugly?

not a fan of the nfs games but will probably still buy this, i've heard import tuner is surposed to be very good indeed :) does anyone know the confirmed price on the ps3 yet??

Last I heard it was at £450!!!

Sounds a lot but the PS2 was £400 when it was first released - If they can get the price down to £400 I'll buy one :) that way I can get rid of my PS2 and still play the old games :)

same here £400 seems fair as the'll be some amazing features on it that will warrent that price i feel.