The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boostlogic crank damper??

JamieP

The stock damper is fine on modified cars upto a certain level? I think Dude did post that he had noticed a number of older ones needing replacing now. Rapid deterioation will occur if heat is used to remove one that is going back on the car. AFAIK the most significant instant effect of failure is loss of power steering. I think there is usually some short time where odd sounds may be heard as failure is usually over a period of time, as the pulley moves out of alignment.

An atermarket damper/pulley reduces the rotational mass at the crank. Some are rated for race use ie higher spec.

The boost logic one is same size as stock. When the crank goes the biggest problem is the timing belt if that snaps then it will take out most of the pipes and intake. Mine started to squeal then it just dropped off 10 miles later (on my way to get it looked at) thankfuly the belt just slipped off the biggest loss is the water pump I think.