The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where I spend my Saturday's

Tom

Once I came back from my trip I decided I was going to try my hardest to get in to the motor trade as I am hoping one day to set up my own business in this field!, I had tried before but it's so hard to get into especially as I have no experience!, but about a week after getting back I decided I'd go to a local import company to me, 'Redline Imports'

I decided this company as they have a good reputation and the service they gave was fantastic as I'd been there a few times before as they advertised my car and I bought a few parts etc but this time I basically I went with the intention of getting a job!

I knew that there wouldn't be any paid jobs available and any that I could apply for which is why I said I would work for free! I typed out a list a of reasons of why they should take me on etc and it worked!, I've worked 4 weekends there now and absolutely loving it!

First day was mostly cleaning cars, making tea etc(I do this every week) but I've been stripping and swapping interiors of cars, wiring stereo's and fog lights, learning a great deal on the import process and it seems each week I have a new task entirely!, I'm hoping as the weeks go on i'll be introduced to more and more on the mechanics side but I'm already helping out on a project RX7 that they have bought for testing on, and each week I'm taking shots of the stock I get a chance to practice my photography too.

I'm still looking for full time work but I know at least each week I'll be going somewhere where I actually have a passion for working for!! it's awesome!

Just incase people are interested they do servicing and tuning only on japanese cars and are located near to BMW Fairfield

Here's a pic of project RX7 (I love the Rex)

A stunning GTR Imported and serviced by Redline

And a pic of one the mechanics cars, it's an import and I dought you'll be able to guess what it is!

Tom.

Hey Welcome back Tom...

I was worried you got kidknapped by Ladyboys or something:p

Thats great news on the job, love the pics.

Maybe you could become an Automotive photojournalist, combining both passions.

But in the meantime look out for a 2002 Supra for me he he..id have to rob a bank to buy it im sure but id love one of the last ones they made, but I think theres some stupid restriction on importing recent models i understand or has that changed?

Welcome Back

Si

:cool:

Cheers John & Daman, yeah Scott's a really good guy and great mechanic, And maybe Si!, tbh the last week in Thailand was a bit of a nightmare, flight delay by 3 days, a fine for the change of flight, I got arrested and I passed out all in one day!lol

I'll keep a look out ;)