The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mutant spiders

how_supra

We get some fairly big House Spiders like those in the pics. Can get as big as my palm in size a make you jump a bit. My missus is absolutely petrified of spiders, to the point where once she has seen one, she cant move at all. She is scared that if she moves she wont know where its gone and that is worse than seeing one.

Just be thankful none of you live in Australia with the Huntsman Spiders. These are rather large and the Aussies actually have them living in their houses as they eat all the smaller, more deadly, spiders. When i was travelling i got chatting to a guy that stayed with a friend of his over there and he put him up in the spare room. He woke up in the middle of the night, looked at the ceiling directly above him and saw 3 of the buggers there. Now bear in mind these things can be the size of dinner plates and you can imagine he didnt get much sleep that night.

Another good pic here.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

heres one i caught running across my bed towards my face last night. doesnt look that big in the pic but he was a beauty!!!

[ATTACH]43925[/ATTACH]

Chantelle caught a spider like that one about 3 weeks ago. She also caught it in a glass and put a cloth over the top so that it couldn't get out. She stuck it in the garage, and the bugger is still alive! - How long can these things live for without food and drink?

It's a hard b*stard too. If you touch the side of the glass it jumps towards your finger! :scare:

Yeah I remember reading all about those, in Iraq if I remember correctly? The story I read mentioned some people had woken up to find part of their leg/arm/hand missing as the big bugger had chewed on it in the night. People don't wake up because they inject you with novocaine so you feel no pain! Frightening eh? :blink:

Chantelle caught a spider like that one about 3 weeks ago. She also caught it in a glass and put a cloth over the top so that it couldn't get out. She stuck it in the garage, and the bugger is still alive! - How long can these things live for without food and drink?

It's a hard b*stard too. If you touch the side of the glass it jumps towards your finger! :scare:

They can live for weeks without food. I caught one that was literally as big as the palm of my hand (out in the sticks, get some freaky ass creatures round here) and that lived for 2 weeks, before I remembered it was there and chucked the bugger back where it belongs :)

I caught sight of a big bugger of a spider running across our sitting room floor the other night - right towards Lin's comfy chair.

I didn't tell her. I just went to the kitchen and came back with a bowl. I told her to get up and get a record sleeve out of the rack. Then she twigged...

"Wouldn't a glass be better?"

"You didn't see the size of it!"

"Where is it then?"

"Under your chair."

"Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh! You bastard."

When we moved the chair it wasn't there.

But then Lin spotted it clinging to the underneath. LOL

Scary one:

I was in Kansas USA seeing my uncle who lives over in the states, although in Miami now. Anyway, I was in his basement playing his drum kit, and he comes down there and walks towards me, then said "John, stop playing and don't move" I did what any normal person would, and cried like a big girl when I realised the reason he had told me this is because there was a collection )about 6) of brown recluse spiders, not big, but very poisonous on the wall no more than 8-10 inches behind my head :blink: I saw my life flash before me, but fortunately these creatures (thus the name) tend to avoid human contact wherever possible so I slowly walked away from the kit and didn't go back down there again for the rest of the holiday.

A bite from one of those could kill a human baby no problems apparently, maybe not a fully grown adult though, but I wasn't taking any chances!

Here's the bugger - brown recluse

Those Brown Recluse spiders are nasty. When they bite they cause necrosis of the skin. In other words the skin rots :eek:

My ex wife almost sat on one getting in to bed. She used to normally climb in to bed without putting the lights on. luckily for her she put the light on that night.

Those Brown Recluse spiders are nasty. When they bite they cause necrosis of the skin. In other words the skin rots :eek:

My ex wife almost sat on one getting in to bed. She used to normally climb in to bed without putting the lights on. luckily for her she put the light on that night.

Yep, but my uncle didn't actually realise he had a slight infestation of them in his basement. Scary thing was they had a 18 month old baby at the time and a bite would probably be fatal for a baby that age.

Apparently the wounds can get as big as the size of a human hand - open flesh wound because the flesh literally rots away.:blink:

They are getting bigger becuase of climate change. They are living longer because of the warmer weather and the fact that houses in the last 40-50 years are central heated and well insulated.

They will be the size of dogs soon! :D

I know I found this one on my drive yesterday :D

http://www.markbsplace.net/creepzone/hall-spider18.jpg

One just legged it under my sofa, I swear its the size of my hand.

:omg: :help: :please: :hide:

What will happen if it comes out when Im asleep and starts chewing on my face?? :cry: I hate spiders. :(

look at the facts how supra :)

when a spider walks on us it feels like walking on hot coals as the spider is cold blooded,. so they dont like walking on us,.

also spiders actualy herd up any mites and bugs in and around the carpet like a sheepdog does with sheep -to eat them.

spiders are ok ;)

look at the facts how supra :)

when a spider walks on us it feels like walking on hot coals as the spider is cold blooded,. so they dont like walking on us,.

also spiders actualy herd up any mites and bugs in and around the carpet like a sheepdog does with sheep -to eat them.

spiders are ok ;)

okay well that makes me feel a lot better, they just freak me out for some reason, they run so quickly, and look really scary. Still I survived the night and I didn't need to participate in any search and destroy missions which is one up for me. :)