The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Unexpexted reactions to your Car

Alan999

Just remembered another. Was getting driven across Germany by a fit bird in my old car, pulled in for fuel at a fairly busy petrol station. There were a load of bikers (choppers, beards, and dirty leather type) having a break there also. When they heard the car being hammered down the gears from a fast and late autobahn exit, they all stared to see what it was. The got a big shock when a 22yr old fit bird got out in an attention seeking (yeah she was good at that lol) manner, gave them a smile, filled up and went and paid for it when i lay back in the passenger seat looking very spoilt. They poked each other commenting and nodding, one even gave me the thumbs up (like a well done) so i told her to leave rubber on departure, they cheered as she left in style bouncing the car off the limiter in the first 4 gears.

Girl power? lol oh yeah, and did I laugh for miles :)

What a stud.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I thought that's what you English always refer to younger women as.

Dave K, if you have something to say, your welcome to discuss it in person @ TOTB.

I won't be at TOTB. I always have plenty to say thanks, I just can't really be bothered to argue with you.

Please try to avoid veiled threats - I disagreed with you on an earlier thread - I'm sure you know which one, but I still don't really understand your reaction at the time. Whatever I said then, and whatever I say now I would be more than happy to say to your face.

I won't be at TOTB. I always have plenty to say thanks, I just can't really be bothered to argue with you.

Please try to avoid veiled threats - I disagreed with you on an earlier thread - I'm sure you know which one, but I still don't really understand your reaction at the time. Whatever I said then, and whatever I say now I would be more than happy to say to your face.

You have a hibbit of acting the unhelpful smartass with me, I dont know you nor want to. So whats wrong with the post I wrote above? spit out your problem, or you can go else where. I pay my membership just the same as you, or is this an attempt to impress Charlotte? who made the first snide comment.

I commented about your post because the story sounded to me like you were basically saying what a stud you were because you implied that that's what the people waving and cheering thought.

And then you reply about my sexual preferences and quip that most women are 'birds are they'?

You can't just randomly insult people and make threats about seeing them at 'meets'.

I really can't believe you haven't been banned by now. You might be an excellent technician in terms of the supra but you're not really winning big points in the personality stakes, if you don't want to get annoyed with people stop posting in off topic, you don't like it anyway.

You have a hibbit of acting the unhelpful smartass with me, I dont know you nor want to. So whats wrong with the post I wrote above? spit out your problem, or you can go else where. I pay my membership just the same as you, or is this an attempt to impress Charlotte? who made the first snide comment.

Right - so I removed a comment because I didn't want to start an argument. You then make a veiled threat against me, and I'm the unhelpful smartarse? Where is this "habit"? The only other thread I remember with you was the religion one. I made similar comments to many other people and for some reason, you got fed up of arguing with RedM and had a go at me. I still have no idea why.

OK - I will spit out my problem. I found you aggressive in the religion thread, I find you are aggressive in this one. And yes - I have a problem with it. People make light hearted comments repeatedly on this forum. I do - other people do. You are the first person who has then suggested I "say it to your face".

Why would I go elsewhere? You are suddenly a moderator? I've paid my membership as well. If you really have an issue with me - you've heard of the Ignore list have you?

And yes - of course I was trying to impress Charlotte. I don't get my kicks by posting comments about fit birds in the car with me, so I have to get them somehow.

Once again - I have better things to do that argue with you, so once again I will stop commenting this thread. I have no idea what your problem is - but for somebody who claims that religion is so important, you really need to examine some of the posts you make on this forum.

How wrong you are, I just say there and let Katrin have her moment which she still quotes. It got nothing to do with me, its her moment. I also draw your attention to the fact this post was thread was started by a lady giving a similar story.

What you think Charlotte whoever you are? doesnt concern me i the slightest. However It the final straw for me and this club.

Enjoy your staus with bouncers attached.

What you think Charlotte whoever you are? doesnt concern me i the slightest. However It the final straw for me and this club.

It obviously does concern you otherwise you wouldn't be acting like a girl and having a hissy fit. You really need to get laid mate.

How wrong you are, I just say there and let Katrin have her moment which she still quotes. It got nothing to do with me, its her moment. I also draw your attention to the fact this post was thread was started by a lady giving a similar story.

You been drinkin dude as I am positive your speeeeeling is usually better than this :D

Dave K, if you have something to say, your welcome to discuss it in person @ TOTB.

It's going to be a busy day for you.:rolleyes:

Right - so I removed a comment because I didn't want to start an argument. You then make a veiled threat against me, and I'm the unhelpful smartarse? Where is this "habit"? The only other thread I remember with you was the religion one. I made similar comments to many other people and for some reason, you got fed up of arguing with RedM and had a go at me. I still have no idea why.

OK - I will spit out my problem. I found you aggressive in the religion thread, I find you are aggressive in this one. And yes - I have a problem with it. People make light hearted comments repeatedly on this forum. I do - other people do. You are the first person who has then suggested I "say it to your face".

Why would I go elsewhere? You are suddenly a moderator? I've paid my membership as well. If you really have an issue with me - you've heard of the Ignore list have you?

And yes - of course I was trying to impress Charlotte. I don't get my kicks by posting comments about fit birds in the car with me, so I have to get them somehow.

Once again - I have better things to do that argue with you, so once again I will stop commenting this thread. I have no idea what your problem is - but for somebody who claims that religion is so important, you really need to examine some of the posts you make on this forum.

Sorry about this, fella. If I'd known then what I know now I'd have called for a ban a couple of weeks back. It's the second threat of violence (veiled or otherwise) made this month. I'm sure it'll be glossed over like last time. Maybe you'll be lucky and get a nine point infraction for your troubles too.

FWIW, I don't bear grudges and was considering trying to clear the air with Chiefgroover. Heck, I even asked some polite questions in other threads and got nice replies but I don't think I'll bother TBH. This thread, the religious threads and even the argument he picked with Thorin in a geometry thread lead me to the same opinion.

Time of the month me thinks! Think I may start a new thread Arguements & B1tching, get it off your chest. :tongue:

Made a good read though :p

Come to think if it - it was your fault 'cos you started the thread!

Wasn't me. :innocent:

I get ridiculous amounts of attention here in my car. Had a guy last week at a car show all but salivating (in fact I think he did salivate on my car) for over half an hour, made me realise that even skyline ownersd aspire to better cars :D

Was pottering along the highway today and had a group of lads in a suped up leon come past waving and giving me the thumbs up so I gave them a 10 second blast of power, they were ecstatic (when they finally caught up after I slowed back to 120 clicks) more enthusiastic waving and thumbs up :) This is very much a theme here in Holland with the car.

I've had a few instances of old berks in big BMs and audis attempting to get inside my boot whilst I am patiently waiting for the car in front of me to finally finish overtaking so I can proceed down the road at a more timely pace :D They don't half get the hump when I pull over and then decimate their ass.

I've had a porsche carrera driver really scowl when my mrs showed him a clean set of tyres after she got arsed off with his tailgating.

All in all though I get a positive response from most people but I am yet to have a whole people carrier empty out and start taking pictures of my car like they did at a petrol station in my old supe.

I was doing a little video shoot with my lad up by Lincoln Cathedral before Dragonball and, as he disappeared off round a corner to set up his tripod, I see an old guy eyeing up the car on the opposite side of the road (I was parked on the pavement to let cars past) and I thought “Oh joy, here we go, an ear-bashing for parking on the path”. He strolled over, walked round the car, stood by the window and just put his thumb up! I put the window down and he said (and you have to say this in a deep Scottish accent, not unlike Billy Conolly) “That's a gorgeous looking car - is it a Ferrari?” and proceeded to talk for another 10 minutes about how he had a Toyota but would love a Supra!! Meanwhile my lad was getting well miffed at being left freezing his nads off round the corner! Got to love older folk!!!