The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Unexpexted reactions to your Car

Alan999

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once when i had my old SZ, i pulled up outside work (in a Taxi bay), a rotund and rather obnoxious fellow proceeded to tell me how shit it was and that his Porsche 999

I had almost the exact same thing happen in petrol station. Guy was itching to tell me his porsche could beat it. I just said, oh right.

Have had the usual people around it after a night out and very embarrassed to go back and start it cos you feel like your showing off.

• 7 months later...

BACK FROM THE DEAD!!

At Shell petrol station:

"Ok mate, that will be £30 please"

so I handed him the money.

"Ok, do you have a pluspoints card?"

gave him the card...

"And I'll also need the keys to your car"

It was at this moment that I asked him to repeat himself (twice), I was that shocked!

Random man on street:

"You look like a dealer, mate!" I ignored him.

Pulled up to let a van pass me:

"Would you like to swap your car for this?"

...I laughed a lot at that one.

Getting dirty looks from Celica/FTO owners.

An FTO driving woman at Tesco telling me how "ugly" the Supra is compared to her FTO.

...I told her she doesn't know what the fook she's on about, and drove off.

Oh, and outside a school at some lights once:

"Wow, it's that car from Fast & Furious!!"

...:rolleyes:

C~

I had almost the exact same thing happen in petrol station. Guy was itching to tell me his porsche could beat it. I just said, oh right.

I had this too and was gonna post up a thead a while back saying "how jealous can someone be?!". I went ti fill up and an old bloke with a stick who was filling up his 07 X5 said,

"Just been an AC in that blew the skin off that"

"Was it a real one?" I said,

"Yeah, would leave that for dead, sounded lovely, thats nothing..."

I said "It would be a good race I'm probably on 380bhp"

THEN HE SAID "380?! This is 468bhp (His 3.0 auto X5!!!!)"

I said "Oh really!? Must be something special under there then eh? Whats in it?"

He looked stunned I questioned his statement-All he could say was that it was a wolf in sheeps clothing blah blah and that he just got rid off his Crossfire so I said I'd leave that for dead too. It was almost a full blown arguement on the garage forecourt!

THEN for his "cuop de gras" *sp* he went and told the lad in the garage that he'd have me!!! Luckily it was car enthusiast with a Renault 5 who knew his stuff. I was just glad it wasnt a young lady who might have been taken in.

I then paid as quickly as possible and sat and sat and sat waiting for him to pull away. Eventually he did and followed and low and behold the perfect opportunity to overtake him came up.... The rest as they say is history.

Jealous Old Wanker.

Just had a great moment. We are having a bedroom fitted today so I have had to move all the cars off the drive an put them in a couple of different streets.

I put the supe over the road and the young lad, who was helping the fitters asks me "Do you know who owns that Supra?" I said "yeah why?" He said "It's gorgeous...It's the best looking car ever!!" :cool:

I just replied "Yeah it's mine and walked off with a big grin on my face!!"

Just glad he didn't ask if it was a TT........:D

H.

Just had a great moment. We are having a bedroom fitted today so I have had to move all the cars off the drive an put them in a couple of different streets.

I put the supe over the road and the young lad, who was helping the fitters asks me "Do you know who owns that Supra?" I said "yeah why?" He said "It's gorgeous...It's the best looking car ever!!" :cool:

I just replied "Yeah it's mine and walked off with a big grin on my face!!"

Just glad he didn't ask if it was a TT........:D

H.

Then he watched you walk into your house and thought : Cool, and now I know where the keys are. :innocent:

I get the jealous FTO thing. I get frowns from them when I pass them, and there's a guy a work with one who reckons "I'd have you to 120". To prove his point he overtook me on the M3 through the 50 limit roadworks at about 80, then proudly stated "See, don't know why you've got that slow car" :rolleyes:

And the age thing is definitely there round So'ton too. I get more older people admiring it than younger people. And at work, a lot of the older guys quite like it whereas the other grads my age just think it's a bit excessive and pointless.

Guest NINJYA

yeah i get it all the - always blokes saying nice car love , or kids - the kids at my daughters school car it a James Bond car - bless! I never get a good reaction from girls though - normally dirty looks - girls can be so bitchy! sod them!

interestingly the guy i got my car from was retired... scared the pants off me driving it down country lanes on a test drive.

I also get the fto/celica thing.

and a guy i work with almost always gives me a wanker sign if i pass him in the carpark as im driving out