The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nat west whinge

dangerous brain

Bunch of robbing bar stewards. I cocked up my bank transfer from Holland and it didn't go through in time so when my mortgage DD went to be claimed it bounced. Thats when I found out that Nat west charge sodding £38 if that happens. I mean you what ??? £38 for a computer to say actually chaps theres not enough money at the minute, that in itself is robbery.

To top it all the building societies auto response re-requested the money. The money from Holland went in the same day the request came in so Nat west bounced the damn thing again. I called them to demand the reason why and they simply stated that they "prefer" the funds to be in the day before and will bounce it if not.

Now a couple of things really p*ss me off. Money going into an account shows up on a banks computer at least 2 days before it actually shows on your account so they knew it was there. And a DD from the minute it is debitted from your account sits in limbo for a couple of days and can be taken back at any point before its official on the destination account so should the money that "cleared into the account" be removed the funds on the DD can be recalled (this I agree would warrant a £38 fee).

They have refused to refund me the £38 quoting terms and conditions etc etc. I hate these jumped up business manager w*nker types that condescend you on the phone. I've been with this bank for 19 years. It won't make 20 now though as I fully intend on closing both my business accounts and my current account.

I'm considering closing the current account £38 down with a covering letter telling them why I'm doing so as I've moved to Holland with no forwarding address.

I've had something similar with my bank, they said I went over drawn, so charged me for it, but i'd put cash in later on the same day as the DD was due, and after arguing the point they refunded the charge. They are all thieving bastids, an must get away with this kinda thing all the time.

Don't forget that for that 2 days since you put it in, to it appearing in your account, it's sitting in the banks own account, making a tiny, tiny amount of interest for them.

Multiply that by the billions of transactions everyday worldwide, and ker-ching.

i bank with natwest but my local one cant do enough to help me.

when i first took out my mortgage, they charged me £25 per time for 3 failed transactions due to no money being in my account. i had a word with the manager and he took to of the charges off. never had an issue with them since :)

i have had other banks like barclays who just didnt give a crap.

I usually deal with the tiny branch in town rather than the main branch. I started off in a tiny branch 19 years ago. When I got posted I moved my account to the big Basingstoke branch and had nothing but bother from them so rather than close my account at the time I moved it to the small Poole branch. Now that I have a business account as well it seems that the main branch has taken over my personal account.

Today I am closing both my business accounts the ones they earn the most from and after the money from the sale of my house goes into my personal account I am going to go straight in there ask to speak to said same up his ass business manager and I will ask him to personally close that account and move the 60 grand elsewhere, oh but I'll do that after sitting through an hour or so of investment advice so he knows exactly how much money he has cost his branch. I'll also hand him a copy of the letter I will write to his area manager explaining why I've closed my 3 accounts.

Like I've always said he who laughs last laughs longest, and I'll be laughing manically as I walk out of that branch :D

i cant remember what its called but my mate has some documentation that states all the laws for these matters and with charging £38 they are actually breaking the law sure its around £20 that they are by law allowed to charge. i will get ahold of him today and post it up may help some people out. He stated a few points from the document and all the charges were put bank into his account