The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whistling fuel pump?

JamieP

I let my car run low on fuel the other day... when i got it out of the garage this morning the fuel pump was making a loud whistle...

i filled up with petrol and it went away... ive just been out in it again and its back??? but when i put my foot down it went away again??

do you think ive damaged the pump? or would there just be some air in it that will pass after a few miles.. afr's are spot on;)

I let my car run low on fuel the other day... when i got it out of the garage this morning the fuel pump was making a loud whistle...

i filled up with petrol and it went away... ive just been out in it again and its back??? but when i put my foot down it went away again??

do you think ive damaged the pump? or would there just be some air in it that will pass after a few miles.. afr's are spot on;)

Running low can suck all the shite from the bottom of your petrol tank up through the pump but would be filtered out further on, never wise to run low, unless totally necessary.....not sure if that would have had any effect on your pump if something went through?