The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heavy breathing

JamieP

Last weeks race with my mates motorbike has took its toll i think.

It dont smoke at all and still sounds sweet but it breaths very heavy... i can half fill the catch can with oil in a good half hour tear up... What would cause this?... worn rings?

New engine here i come:eyebrows:

Last weeks race with my mates motorbike has took its toll i think.

It dont smoke at all and still sounds sweet but it breaths very heavy... i can half fill the catch can with oil in a good half hour tear up... What would cause this?... worn rings?

New engine here i come:eyebrows:

worn rings more than likley jamie....

dont let it get too worse, try to salvage the main block at least. if the ring or rings give up totaly while continuing driving on boost it might score the block bore when it does give up. re-sleeving wouldnt be a good option after that with a single turbo engine.

main cause of it would be running lean and detonating.

good luck.

bijal

worn rings more than likley jamie....

dont let it get too worse, try to salvage the main block at least. if the ring or rings give up totaly while continuing driving on boost it might score the block bore when it does give up. re-sleeving wouldnt be a good option after that with a single turbo engine.

main cause of it would be running lean and detonating.

good luck.

bijal

cheers bijal... its done it a little ever since i got the car but has gradully got worse and worse... it deffinatly dont run lean;)

cheers bijal... its done it a little ever since i got the car but has gradully got worse and worse... it deffinatly dont run lean;)

probably just the rings going bad slowly, you have a stock engine right? with a T88 and fuel system....

bijal

;)

probably just the rings going bad slowly, you have a stock engine right? with a T88 and fuel system....

bijal

;)

yep stock engine i think... not for long though:eyebrows:

i just want to see the last of the summer out then ill take it of the rd for a rebuild... probly after japshow.

when i first got the car it was running stock fuel lines with a single pump and 850's.. when we checked it over few months later it was runnning a little lean... turbofit upgraded the lines and fitted a second pump but it dont look like we caught it early enough.. im not that bothered because i wanted a fully built engine to my own spec anyhow;)

yep stock engine i think... not for long though:eyebrows:

i just want to see the last of the summer out then ill take it of the rd for a rebuild... probly after japshow.

when i first got the car it was running stock fuel lines with a single pump and 850's.. when we checked it over few months later it was runnning a little lean... turbofit upgraded the lines and fitted a second pump but it dont look like we caught it early enough.. im not that bothered because i wanted a fully built engine to my own spec anyhow;)

i know what you mean mate. might be just in time then i guess :D

you sound so happy....its like you were purposly trying to blow the engine so you can have a new one :D

whatever you do, good luck with it jamie.

bijal

Mine was chuffing through its breather like thomas the tank engine and when we opened it all up we had cracked 2 pistons, only slightly but enough to pressurise the crank but strangly not enough to let oil pass so it didnt spoke what so ever? but hey an excuse to say "but love it needs it :)"

Good luck with the build

Mike