The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kenwood KVT920DVD Maybe, Possibly, Potentially for Sale

JamesArup

Hi all,

I am thinking of selling my Kenwood KVT920DVD unit from my car and I just wanted to guage interest. I've had the unit for about 18 months now, and it's been perfect. I have the remote, but I haven't managed to get it to work since the day I got it! :shake:

It has the 5.1 unit that sits in the boot with TV decoder and a whole bunch of funky outputs. I have it installed in my Supra at the moment. I run a couple of amps (Maystar and Audiobahn), 2 x 10" Rockford Fosgate subs and Focal speakers all round off it. DVD sound and video playback is awesome. I don't have the CD changer for it, but I believe that also adds MP3 support too? :wow:

Here are some pics of it in my car to give you a rough idea: -

http://www.bouncingbullet.com/guides/dvdinstall/images/bn_DSC09541_JPG.jpg

http://www.bouncingbullet.com/guides/dvdinstall/images/bn_DSC09542_JPG.jpg

http://www.bouncingbullet.com/guides/dvdinstall/images/bn_DSC09533_JPG.jpg

The reason for selling is that I really want something with built in iPod support, and this seems to be the one unit the the Kenwood iPod adapter won't support. :evil:

Would anyone be interested in this (going to take me about 5 years to unplug it all!). What sort of money is it worth these days? There is a small dink in the faceplate, but it doesn't affect the operation of the system at all. I can get more pics on request. I would consider p/x for a new model that can support iPod.

Cheers, J :cool:

heh heh .. well, here is roughly what this thing costs new. I think the first price include the Sat Nav addon which is about £1000 :blink: . I never bothered with that, as for that price you can get 3 x PDA's with TomTom :D

http://www.yourcarparts.co.uk/trolleyed/60/ (scroll down a bit and you can see it without the Nav package)

http://www.1st-car-audio-and-stereo.co.uk/KENWOOD_KVT920DVD.html

These prices were also from when the unit was brand new a couple of years ago. I am really looking for as close to £500 as possible if I were to sell it (cost me just shy of £1000 about 18 months ago).

Cheers, J :cool:

I guess I can do it for £450 at a push. But that really would be as low as I could go (less than 50% of what I paid :cry: )

Do you want me to take some more detailed pics of it? I can get pics of pretty much every part of it if you want anything specific?

Cheers, J

This is a pretty good unit. I had it in one my old cars. Half tempted myself, but cant justify spending any more car money for a month or two! Plus I promised Claire my new car wouldn't suit having screens etc like the Supra does/did.

Best of luck with the sale. For what its worth, I sold mine to a mate early last year for £450, so what your asking is reasonable money!

Andy

I maybe interested in it.

Would you consider a Kenwood Z838W in PX.

I would like to know more info on the unit please - mainly inputs and outputs.

Also in the info I have found it says semi motorised, what exactly does that mean?

Here is a pic of the Z838W which is in excelent condition. Pic was taken with my phone so I apoligise for the quality.

Hey JohnK.

I can find the manuals in every damned language except for English at the moment! lol. I know it's around here somewhere! :D

Semi-Motorised means that the screen comes out of the dashboard at the push of a button, but you have to physically flip the screen up yourself. When you push the screen back down, it auto-retracts again. It is pretty much impossible to steal it! It's screwed into the dash and there is quite simply no way that anyone could get hold of it without taking off the dash trim first!! :tongue: :tongue:

To be honest, I think I've found the unit I want to replace it with. I just want something with iPod support, so it's really another in-dash screen that I'm after

Most of the connections are on the additional KDS-P900 DSP Hideaway unit. The back of the HU just has aerial connection, video connection (that goes to the hideaway unit), and a couple of other connections that feed the hideaway untit. Here are the tech specs of hideaway unit with all the connections: -

Dual-Zone Audio Control: with Adaptor

For Use with KVT-910DVD In-Dash Television/DVD-CD Receiver

Hide-Away Mounting

High Voltage Preamp Output: 4.5V

Parametric Equalizer: 4-Band, Digital

Audio Features:

Digital Audio Input: 2

Digital Room Size Adjustment: 3-Step (Small, Medium, Large)

Digital Seating Position Alignment Presets

Dolby Digital

Dolby Pro Logic

DTS Digital Surround

Preouts: L/C/R/LS/RS/Sub, Gold-Plated

Changer Control Features:

MZ-Bus Control

Product Description

To enhance the in-vehicle listening experience by surrounding passengers with sound, the KDS-P900 Decoder/Digital Processor adds the excitement of Dolby Digital, DTS, and Dolby Pro Logic decoding to your Kenwood system. This unit comes with Digital Processors with a 4-band digital parametric EQ, full Bass Management with time alignment, 5 pre-settable seating positions, 3 room-size adjustments, and 2 digital audio inputs. Preouts are high-level at 4.5 volts. This small hide-away mounting unit works with the KVT-910DVD.

It also has the TV package too (which I get a better C5 signal on than I do in my damned house! lol :p )

Cheers, J

Ahhh, wow .. thanks for that, just what I needed :cool: :D

There we go then, that should tell you everything you need to know about the unit :)

Cheers, James

happy to help, James :)

i found the site the other day when looking for info on other Kenwood car related stuff. really like the idea you can download and print the manuals, also the product catalogues going back a few years.

i was looking for info on their TMC for SatNav unit, and they had instructions for that :)

hope you sell the Kenwood soon, and get sorted on the iPod version. are you going for another Kenwood, or a different make?

all the best

Ian

Thanks Ian,

Yeah, I wish more manufacturers would put their manuals on the web. Would be really handy.

I'm really after something with full on iPod (ID3 Tags etc) support. Want to do it properly. There is a fairly good looking Alpine unit that seems to be full iPod. Not really done much research into it though

Cheers, J :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.