Fitting a bleed valve...

scooby_doo_do

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not done it on my supe but fitted an EBC to my 200SX, basically on the SX the boost solenoid (manual boost valve) went in the line just ahead of the actuator on the turbo......... think the supra has it's own factory solenoid rather than an actuator for controlling boost so you'd put the valve in the line just ahead of that (before the turbos I mean).

hth,

Brian.

Looking at that pic, the thing that the blue pipe goes into on the left hand side of the pic looks like a boost limiting VSV, and the right hand side end goes to the turbo actuator.......... there should be another hose from the turbo actuator to the turbo (or some kind of inlet pressure source) - this is the hose you want to put the valve in line with afaik, not the blue one in the pic.

HTH,

Brian.

The blue pipe goes from the wastegate actuator to the wastegate VSV. The wastegate VSV shuts at a set boost pressure so the wastegate only opens once the factory preset amount of boost has been reached. This stops the tailoff of boost buildup as the wastegate creeps open under manifold pressure like the MkIII Supra had.

Anyway, my point is that you can put the bleeder in there, or the hose that goes from the turbo housing to the actuator, it doesn't matter as air leaking out of either hose would cause a pressure drop in the actuator. The blue hose is way more accessible so I'd put it there. Don't go mad on how wide you open the bleeder at first :)

-Ian

ok...I cut the blue pipe and put it on... Drove..Twisted it.... Drove some more...Twisted it.... Drove some more.... Twisted it....Drove some more.... Won't twist anymore :( Still 0.7 bar...

I think i'll try and put it on the other pipe when the engine's cooled down - As the back of my hand just found a nice hot pipe...

Craig.

Yep... I had to fit it to the other pipe that goes from the turbo to the actuator (think thats right).. It was just to the right of that blue pipe in the pic..

Just need to have a clean up of the pipes as its a little untidy at the moment because i didn't want to cut anything in case it was the wrong pipe..

Thanks for all your help chaps..

Craig,

Originally posted by scooby_doo_do

Yep... I had to fit it to the other pipe that goes from the turbo to the actuator (think thats right).. It was just to the right of that blue pipe in the pic..

Thanks for all your help chaps..

Craig,

NP's ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by tango

Or have I fit it right?

even when its all closed, still 11psi wount go any higher?

thanks.

are you sure you put it in the right pipe? you want it in the turbo to actuator pipe and not the vsv to actuator.