The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it possible to have a 5 speed Gearbox in a TT

Guest chris_shirl

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

were did u get it from mate ?? you will have the right to demand your money back as it has been falsely advertised it is not a rz twin turbo supra.

Its not advertised as an RZ, its advertised as a twin turbo manual which technically it is.

Strange he says the traction control is disabled, when NAs never came with this. Does it have a traction control button? Might well be a TT auto or 6-speed converted to a 5-speed?

Either way, surely a 5-speed box wouldn't be geared to 180mph as he claims?

Just post up the VIN details and we'll know for sure what it was originally.

:looney:

Strange he says the traction control is disabled, when NAs never came with this. Does it have a traction control button? Might well be a TT auto or 6-speed converted to a 5-speed?

Either way, surely a 5-speed box wouldn't be geared to 180mph as he claims?

Just post up the VIN details and we'll know for sure what it was originally.

:looney:

He has already said that the VIN indicates it to be a SZ. The TC will be disabled as it will have the butterfly in the intake tract but no button,ECU, wiring etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Quote =

10K??

I would park it in his living room and demand my money back!!!

:Pling: Was it a Trader you bought it from or a Private seller?

I dont mean garage trader as we would have established that by now - has the guy sold more than 5 cars in the past year?

If so, you have a right to have your funds returned under the Sale of Goods Act 1979

The law is in your favour as a private buyer. The seller takes all the responsibility if there in business to make money

If so do a little bit of homework and spout some qoutes at him like

"Under the Sale of good act etc etc...."

This should convicne him your quite serious about persuing the thing further.

I mean, as you say its still a nice car and a TT engine - but why should you have to pay £10K for the car when you could fetch a FRESH JAP IMPORT genuine 6 speed TT for that?

Also, if you come to sell the car in the future, it will be worth only around 6K i would say.

Good luck, im sure you will be able to sort it out as the seller has been misleading in there advertising!!