The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Grim

JamieP

Just got back from the hospital

One of the guys that works for me fell of a ladder today and snapped his leg in half big time:blink: .... it was awefull the bone popped right out of the skin:(

Really brought it home to me how easy it is to hurt yourself,:( he only fell a short distance..... thinking of selling the bike now

One of the guys that works for me fell of a ladder today and snapped his leg in half big time:blink: .... it was awefull the bone popped right out of the skin:(

Really brought it home to me how easy it is to hurt yourself,:( he only fell a short distance..... thinking of selling the bike now

Sorry to here this m8 hope he gets on the mend soon but by the sound of that looks like his going to be off work for quite a while

Come worse of with a grinder today some tosser had bodged the guard back on as I was using it it started spinning round taking a chunk out of my finger burning 5 others, I had to stand holding the grinder with the guard spinning while the forman come running over to turn it off. Launched it across the work shop so its no good to man or beast now, but made me feel a lot better.

One of the guys that works for me fell of a ladder today and snapped his leg in half big time..... he only fell a short distance..... thinking of selling the bike now

Why would you take your bike up a ladder?

Hope he recovers okay.

Jamie you`ve learnt a valuable lesson today, as you get older injuries like this take ages to heal. My friend who was 40 and a little overweight went downstairs in a pub ( he wasn`t that drunk BTW) and twisted his ankle as he fell down.

He had to be taken home by car and booked a weeks annual leave, he then had to go to hospital where the break which had remade in the wrong place needed to be broken again. (that was a mouthfull)

He developed DVT at home was readmitted and put on Warfarin (rat poison)

Now a year and a half later he still has problems with the clutch on cold days when his ankle swells up, on pub crawls its a snails pace.

Sell the bike or WEAR full body armour you might stay lucky but then again who knows ?

:p :( :search:

I have a very sad finger after an incident with a rather large power bar this evening. I'm trying to decide if its broken, but can't be bothered to go to hospital and have strapped it to the other finger with a lolly stick instead.

Obviously pales into insignificance to your mate, but it bloody hurt none the less.

:(

http://www.toplessdriver.com/gallery/albums/stuff/SUC30042.sized.jpg

http://www.toplessdriver.com/gallery/albums/stuff/SUC30040.sized.jpg

Faye If you strap it to the other finger for a while and it is broken you will have a bent finger best leaving it free. Ive seen afew bad accidents to do with bikes the worsed was prob the bloke whos leg was hanging off and he had it amputated at hospital. Mind you if you had moved it i think it would have come off it was hanging on by abit of skin which was very nice! That was afew months back it will be on TV on Chan5 in afew months if you wanna see what was left of his bike after it hit the car. :)