The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Max pressure the NA head can hold?

Daston

That's a good point - forgot they ran dizzy.

The advance curve will still be kicked out by a map in the ecu though, there's no way that distributor will have bob weights and springs - it'll purely be there to act as the pick up for timing and then to distribute the correctly timed spark. It'd be nice to think the EManage could intercept the signal out of the ecu to the ignition module and alter it.

(I know full well that a Megasquirt of Megasquirt II ecu can do this just as an aside, and that costs peanuts). I'd be a little disappointed if the EMU can't control ign timing on an NA.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right 1st cat is off but I had a little accident!

Surly there must have been more than 2 bolts to hold it up!

Also whats the best way of getting the 2 nuts off the O2 sensor as they are not a normal size too big for 8mm but too small for 9!

That's a good point - forgot they ran dizzy.

The advance curve will still be kicked out by a map in the ecu though, there's no way that distributor will have bob weights and springs - it'll purely be there to act as the pick up for timing and then to distribute the correctly timed spark. It'd be nice to think the EManage could intercept the signal out of the ecu to the ignition module and alter it.

(I know full well that a Megasquirt of Megasquirt II ecu can do this just as an aside, and that costs peanuts). I'd be a little disappointed if the EMU can't control ign timing on an NA.

Theoretically the EMB and EMU can control dizzy based timing. I don't know of anyone who's tried it yet though.

-Ian

Ah dont get me wrong I am just checking the fit of the turbo clearance Martin shall be doing the full install. I was going to do it myself but I would have still had to get it tuned and I also would have better peace of mine that a pro had installed it.

Ok these to bolts are driving me nuts there is no way they are shifting with the tools I can get under there (adjustable spanner and socket wrench) Is there another way to get this O2 sensor off or can I drill out the bolts and set new ones in?

I'm sure I read somewhere that someone else was having the same problem with tubbie to distributor clearance...

Their solution was to "clock" the turbo mounting flange on the manifold, basically welding a fresh flange on top of the existing but at a slight angle to turn the tubbie intake away from the distributor, not by alot, just enough to get the clearance, 2 or 3 degrees probably. (I'm sure I read it on clubNA-T)

I don't know how this would affect your other pipe work, Probably hooking up the exhaust would be the worst hurdle tho.