The mkiv Supra Owners Club

"Alleged Plot"

JohnA

The way I see it, this could be -

1/ Complete fabrication, to take the heat off Blair (we'll never know, will we?)

2/ Complete fabrication to allow the furtherance of a British police state. People have been saying we're heading for a police atate for 40 years. Apart from the plethora of speed cameras, I don't feel my life has changed.

Apart from the fact that there are now THOUSANDS of people who know everything about you, what time you eat, when you go for a $hit, where you were on Thursday at 7.33pm, your political persuasions, your sexual tendencies.....plus the fact there are now multiples of people who can enter your home ON DEMAND, with no prior warning etc....

No, nothing has changed...:rolleyes:

3/ A fair reaction based on inteligence. If the inteligence is incorrect, so be it, everyone makes mistakes. Did't intel from the Pakistan authorities trigger this (I may be wrong on this)?

4/ A fair rection based on accurate inteligence, in which case charges will be brought when all the evidence is gathered. I wouldn't expect the authorities to declare their hand if a) they are still collecting evidence or b) they are spreading the net further to catch more potential terrorists.

I'd expect things to become clearer in the next few weeks.

Don't hold your breath....:D

Apart from the fact that there are now THOUSANDS of people who know everything about you, what time you eat, when you go for a $hit, where you were on Thursday at 7.33pm, your political persuasions, your sexual tendencies.....plus the fact there are now multiples of people who can enter your home ON DEMAND, with no prior warning etc....

No, nothing has changed...:rolleyes:

Don't hold your breath....:D

For all that, I still do the same things and feel no more safe or unsafe than I have throughout my life. So, nothing's change for me.:)

If you've nothing to hide you've nothing to fear.

Apart from the fact that there are now THOUSANDS of people who know everything about you, what time you eat, when you go for a $hit, where you were on Thursday at 7.33pm, your political persuasions, your sexual tendencies.....

Someone watched enemy of the state recently :p

The headline on yesterday's Daily Mail was Blair on holiday on his yaht in the Carribean while everyone else was stranded at airports... hardly convinient timing if he's planning to score points from the public IMO.

Big deal if hes on holiday anyway, this is the reason why they have a Deputy Primeminister! Besides, this must be about the first time in memory I can remember Prescott doing anything remotely useful in the role!

I think we all knew, that after 9/11 and 7/7 that the emergency services, Police and other authorities would be hyper sensitive to anything that happens!

If anyone remembers the Kings Cross fires, it wasn't unusual for years to come to see Fire Engines parked outside Tube stations with blue lights flashing.

We are going to have to get used to living under threat, as we did during 70's and 80's when the IRA was at its most active.

In all honesty although i hate flying, i think flying on a plane these days has never been safer, all the security has been stepped up, new security equipment, CCTV etc etc....safest time to travel on a plane or a tube, because everyones 'expecting' something to happen!

Anyone who is seen to support terrorism, should be banned by the airline industry from boarding a plane, including Abul Hamster or whatever his name is!

(send all the terrorists off on a Saga cruise somewhere then send a 'complimentry' cruise missle to blow the fcuk out of it in the middle of the Ocean)

I think we all knew, that after 9/11 and 7/7 that the emergency services, Police and other authorities would be hyper sensitive to anything that happens!

If anyone remembers the Kings Cross fires, it wasn't unusual for years to come to see Fire Engines parked outside Tube stations with blue lights flashing.

We are going to have to get used to living under threat, as we did during 70's and 80's when the IRA was at its most active.

In all honesty although i hate flying, i think flying on a plane these days has never been safer, all the security has been stepped up, new security equipment, CCTV etc etc....safest time to travel on a plane or a tube, because everyones 'expecting' something to happen!

Anyone who is seen to support terrorism, should be banned by the airline industry from boarding a plane, including Abul Hamster or whatever his name is!

(send all the terrorists off on a Saga cruise somewhere then send a 'complimentry' cruise missle to blow the fcuk out of it in the middle of the Ocean)

couldn't agree more. we have to be vigilant these days.

never thought we would return to the days of the 70s & 80s. seems its time for a whole new generation that grew up in those 20 years to experience it all.

In a paper today it was saying how John Reid said that they had "arrested the major players" - that this could result in no conviction even if found to be guilty as they're seen to not be given a fair trial as they're already seen to be guilty.

Read it here

It could also explain why things are watered down a little?

In a paper today it was saying how John Reid said that they had "arrested the major players" - that this could result in no conviction even if found to be guilty as they're seen to not be given a fair trial as they're already seen to be guilty.

Read it here

It could also explain why things are watered down a little?

Pete..can you please give them some credit...i'm sure they know what they are doing, its called intelligence ffs...:innocent:

...this could result in no conviction even if found to be guilty as they're seen to not be given a fair trial as they're already seen to be guilty...

It is an old practice to have officials make such statements, so that the case has been legally compromised ---- if only to cover up the fact that it was unwinable anyway because of the lack of evidence.:sly:

Worst case you blame the politician (or the official) who made the statements.

As for the insiders who actually know a bit more, they have already got the message after the head WMD inspector sneaked out of his home, slit his wrist and bled to death.