The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VOLK Centre Caps - Urgent

JamesArup

Hi all,

Just had a nightmare. Driving home, one of my Volks centre caps flew off at about 80mph. I've spent almost 2 hours looking for it, but no joy. I think it's a gonner :(

My wheels are Volks Evolution IV's, and I have NEVER seen them on another car. I have also never seen them on any websites, so I honestly have no idea where I can get centre caps, and which will fit :innocent: .

The problem is, the centre caps hold on the 'plate' that covers up all the wheel nuts, so I really do need to replace them asap. I have measured the diameter of where the caps screw on, and it's pretty much 2.5 inches (maybe a hair over), or 65mm. I have also attached a pic, just incase it helps :cool: .

Please, Please, Please ... does anyone have any, or know where I can get the ones I need?

Cheers, J

heh heh! Thermos Flasks eh ... Interesting, although probably won't quite do the wheels justice :D

Thanks for that Nic. Mine looked most like the bottom one on that page (Type LE), although none of them are really that similar. Here is a pic of the wheels with the cap on: -

http://www.bouncingbullet.com/gallery/supra/images/bn_DSC00114_JPG.jpg

I don't see any reason why the ones in that site you linked won't fit though? I guess they would do the same job as long as the thread was the same? :cool:

Cheers, J

I have these, dont know if they will help, the reflection on the 1st photo is my window frame and they measure 65mm across the back. I have four of them

Ahhh, hmmm, they look about the right size maybe? It's the actual screw thread on the back that's about 65mm on mine, does that sound about right?

Cheers, J

Oh wow .. you have the same wheels! I've honestly never seen anyone else with them!

Hmmm ... where do you live? And, is your car parked outside with no security where someone could (theoretically) steal one of your wheel caps without anyone noticing :p :p :D .

Heh heh .. seriously. I'm going to try and contact Rays/Volks and see if they can help me out. I can't believe that they don't have spares of this sort of thing for slightly older models of their wheels, that would be dumb. I'll let you know if I have any joy :thumbs:

Cheers, J :cool:

Just been looking at your Supra pics, looks like you have done the same as me and taken the lacquer off the lip, there good alloy and polish up really well and don't tarnish, i am about to paint the spokes on mine and i am trying to decide which colour to go for, been thinking about anthracite or mid met grey or bronze, and now having seen yours in black i think i will go for a lighter colour, not keen on the black sorry, also have you got a plastic spanner for the centre nuts? and if so where did you get it?

I've actually just had all 4 wheels fully refurbed and diamond cut back to their former glory. I've had the car with those wheels on it for over 2 years now, and in that time one of them lost its' shine. All the others shine up perfectly with a single wipe of a sponge. ;)

My centres have always been black, and to be honest you are the first person I've ever heard say that you don't like them. I usually just get people saying how well they suit the black car. In the time I've had the car, I've had 5 seperate offers to buy the wheels ... so look after them :eyebrows:

I've never had the tool to get the caps off. I've always used a very big wrench and wrapped the cap itself in a towel or something. Usually come off fairly easily :innocent:

Cheers, J :D

Gutted

Just had a reply from Rays in NZ (as they were the only office that I could get a proper contact address for): -

"Dear James,

Sorry, that model of wheels have been long discontinued. We have been through ths exercise before, but we do not have any parts left for that model" :(

So I am destined to spend the rest of my days driving about with one shoddy looking rear wheel. I can't believe it. I'm going to keep trying, but this is a nightmare. I can't believe that they don't keep a stock of these SOMEWHERE!! I'm going to do my best to contact the main office in Japan, fingers crossed they can help :blink:

Cheers, J

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.