The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Security Threat

Pete

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh....so how many polish GPs do you know, not that easy to work in the NHS you know....plus they talk about shortage of doctors on one hand, yet dont have the funds to afford more doctors....LOL - the days of Free medical care are numbered anyway.

Do you really believe that its the immigrants are taking jobs away from the locals....I dont....perhaps the polish are hard working people, they want to earn a living and arent embarassed to take a low paid job.

As long as they work, pay taxes, I dont have a problem....cause if they dont do those jobs, no-one will, not the locals anyway..they are too good for it.

Dude chill out a bit, I only asked a question, I didn't mention my opinion either way! Stop putting words in my mouth! Why are you having such a go at me? We're only having a conversation?

My other halfs parents both just lost their jobs because they are being given to polish people :D

...again - nothing to do with the security threat.

sorry, you are right,, was side tracked. security on trains has stepped up too, and there are still idiots who leave their bags in order to use the toilet, then can't see what the fuss is about when you inform them the error of their ways,

...again - nothing to do with the security threat.

But everything to do with the hints you were dropping in your initial post....

I love the way they're describing the suspects as "British Born"...so what's the odds they're also Muslims too?

Are you really shocked that this would lead to a topic that also talks of immigration issues?

Perhaps you could outline the things we are allowed to discuss in your threads when posting future ones?

So....from what I understand....the only hand luggage that can be taken onboard must be in a clear plastic bag, and this is only limited to medicines, glasses but without their cases, passport, tickets etc and if travelling with baby food/milk etc it must be tasted by the passenger carrying it.

Maybe Im just being too negative but with all the organisation of these terror plots surely there will be someone working 'on the inside' who will be able to get something onboard without carrying it on their person boarding a flight as a passenger?

Hopefully the average cleaner/baggage handler/caterer shouldnt be able to bypass their own security before boarding a plane but do you think these plots are going higher up?

Im not trying to scare anyone, just a point of conversation really, is my imagination O.T.T or is anyone else wondering the same?

Been watching the news on TV.

Really shocking - theyve arrested over twenty suspects, raided several houses in and around london + birmingham.

Apparently theyve been collecting intelligence on these suspects for a while and had them under survellience. the decided to pull the plug cause they believe that the suspects could have executed their plan within TWO days.

So why did they shut the airport down......had the suspects been at the airport, they would have executed their plan TODAY, right??

Yes sir..No sir.

Damn right. ;)

Are you really shocked that this would lead to a topic that also talks of immigration issues?

Perhaps you could outline the things we are allowed to discuss in your threads when posting future ones?

Woah - you're tetchy today!

British Born Muslims aren't immigrants. I wouldn't insult the whole Muslim population in Britain by calling them immigrants.

The discussion point was the real threat that we as British citizens are encountering today. Not some excuse for the usual bodies to start ranting about bloody immigration, asylum seekers, our jobs, taxes we pay, benefits, driving round in cars, given houses . etc.etc. same old conversation we've had time after bloody time.

Woah - you're tetchy today!

British Born Muslims aren't immigrants. I wouldn't insult the whole Muslim population in Britain by calling them immigrants.

The discussion point was the real threat that we as British citizens are encountering today. Not some excuse for the usual bodies to start ranting about bloody immigration laws. etc.etc. same old converstaion we've had time after bloody time.

I totally agree with what you just said Pete,

7/7 bombers were brits too...imigration is just an excuse.

TBH, im getting sick of attacks on the UK for helping other countries,

im starting to think maybe it would be better if we stayed OUT of world affairs now and stopped immigration 100% and take the same stance as Australia.

I could not agree more!!

Stopping immigration and benefits for these muppets that arrive off the boat and just sit on their arses just working our benefits system....

:Pling:

We should be using the same points system as Australia. If you have the points they welcome aboard. If not, go away!! :)

might be a good system to have in force

but i think the 20 odd people they have arrested should be deported, loaded into the back of a Hercules and dropped in Afghanistan over night along with there whole family and see how many family member will support them then :D they would probibly look like this in the morning :slapped:

Its now on page 7 a little deviation from original topic is allowed as long as it goes mallets mallet style and a pattern from one post to the next can be seen :D

Security threat in UK now is a fact of life. You get involved in other peoples affairs you accept the ultimate responsibilty for what happens afterwards. If you wade into the middle of two pissed up guys fighting in the street to stop them don't be surprised if one or both of them turn on you and try and smack you one. Go all international and wade into a country to stop it scrappin with itself and guess what?? You'll get a reaction. Go as far as getting involved in several countries where ethnic or religous backgrounds have a common denominator then any expression of surprise that they identify with one another and gang up together is bloody stupid. If you also have a huge semi integrated community of people that identify on a partial basis with these people within one owns borders whilst completely disregarding their communities feelings about the matter and then bullishly apportioning blame upon them for any wrong doing is bordering on utter madness.

The use of terms like "us" and "them" "immigrant" and "homegrown" drives further the wedge of mistrust. The sorts of people (now I mean the likes of world leaders and fundamentalist nut jobs) that cause trouble (again I mean starting uneccesary wars or blowing people up on a calm street in blighty) thrive on mistrust. In fact the mistrust is the only reason they can exist. Do you think Bush would still sit upon his white house throne if the terrified general populace of uninformed america weren't terrified? Would the brains behind the fundamentalist actions be able to get people to willingly die to strike a blow for their cause if genuine mistrust and fear of the oppressing west wasn't easily propogated?

And on the other topic of Polish immigrants try asking any struggling british industry like traditional slaughterhouses and other icky job/hard manual labour job if they would be able to survive without the willing to work eastern block workers. I have recently myself moved to europe and I am actually quite surprised at how ignorant I feel not being able to speak more than english let alone the 4 or 5 languages the guys I work with all speak. Its time to wake up and smell the coffee, for our diverse society we are very insular and narrow minded and I don't just mean the natural born citizens either.

Stopping immigration and benefits for these muppets that arrive off the boat and just sit on their arses just working our benefits system....

:Pling:

Whats happeneing in Britain right now and even 7/7 had nothing to do with imigration laws, nor would it have been avoided is there was a tighter control on the imigration problem.

Britain needs to stop following the US blindly and needs to start thinking about its own interests...Iraq is a prime example, what a fuk up.

might be a good system to have in force

but i think the 20 odd people they have arrested should be deported, loaded into the back of a Hercules and dropped in Afghanistan over night along with there whole family and see how many family member will support them then :D they would probibly look like this in the morning :slapped:

If these 20 od people end up sitting in our prison cells paid for out of our pocket I may just snap.. Send them back to where they ORIGINALY came from if they feel so stongly about their country and decide ours is not worth saving and NEVER let them back.